How to Transfer Your Number to an AT&T Prepaid Account – Info from the AT&T Community
If you are thinking about moving your AT&T Postpaid (monthly bill) account to AT&T Prepaid, there are some things you’ll want to know before starting:
- Your existing postpaid service must be active for at least 30 days
- Your account can't be past due
- Combined bill accounts can't be changed from postpaid to AT&T PREPAID
- Your postpaid service can't be affiliated with a business account
- You can't migrate during the two days before, or the four days after your billing cycle. This is the time when your usage is being determined
- You can't have a tax-exempt status
Ready to make the change? Our specialists are here to help!
Moving from Another Carrier?
- Don’t cancel your service
- Contact your service provider to verify what charges may apply
- Verify your service is eligible to transfer
What You Will Need to Transfer from Another Carrier:
- Number you want to transfer
- Account owner name and address
- Account owner's Social Security number or Tax ID
- Existing account number
- PIN or password, if applicable
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.