How to switch from postpaid to prepaid?
I have two phones on an AT&T postpaid account, and would like to move them both to an AT&T prepaid account while keeping the numbers. So far, I have:
- Tried to do it myself online, but the prepaid account setup wouldn't accept my existing numbers.
- Talked to chat support, they said I needed to call support.
- Called support, they said I needed to go to a store.
- Went into a store, they said they were unable to complete the change because my account was set up in a different city (they said it was a "cross market account change"), and said to call support again.
- Called support again. Spoke with a representative who transferred me to the prepaid department. Prepaid department can't help me because I don't have a prepaid account yet. They said they would transfer me to the postpaid department, but actually transferred me to Xfinity, at which point I had been on the phone for almost an hour and gave up.
What do I need to do to make this switch? This is completely insane!