Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!
S

• 

2 Messages

Sun, May 24, 2020 5:48 AM

How to put AT&T Prepaid Sim on Vacation hold from outside the US

I am currently outside the USA and I would like to put my phone on vacation hold but I can't figure out how to do that. My monthly plan expired 5 days ago and I haven't made a payment yet but I'm worried that if I don't officially put it on vacation hold (and instead make no payments until I get back to the USA) then they will terminate my account or something. I am going to be outside the USA for at least 3-4 months if that is relevant.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.5K Messages

2 months ago

If you cannot log into your account and make these changes on your own you will have to call the number for prepaid Travelers and ask AT&T to do it for you.
+1.408.962.1025
There is no such thing as a vacation hold for prepaid. What you can do is switch your plan to a pay-per-use plan, and then refill with enough funds to extend your service. $25 extends the balance 90 days, and there is an additional 60 days grace after that with a $0 balance. If you refill again in 90 days with another $25 your total balance of $50 would still be in your account if you return to the United States.
If you do nothing, your account is closed and number lost if your balance is $0 for 60 days

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question