Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
L

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Sep 27, 2020 11:46 PM

How long can I wait before activating account?

I purchased the one-year Prepaid plan with bring my own device.  Long story short, I was unable to activate at home and had to bring in the phone and SIM card to an AT&T store.   They were unable to activate at the store and thought it would take a few more days for my number to port over from my old carrier.

I told them that my old carrier was going to bill me for another month on Friday, so if I couldn't activate before then, I would probably just wait another 3 weeks to get the most out of the month with the old carrier.  They confirmed that my year prepaid with AT&T wouldn't start until I fully activated with AT&T.  However, they said that 3 weeks was too long to activate and the order would be cancelled if I waited that long to activate.

I am trying to find anywhere that it states how long I have between placing an online order and fully activating my account.  I only found the below in the terms. Doesn't seem to fit my situation since my phone is not fully activated yet.  

4. Payment and Cancellation.

You must make a payment to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be canceled. 

• 

1 Message

2年前

same question. we are with another prepaid carrier and purchase att prepaid year. but sim cards won’t arrive before current prepay expires. so in order to keep our numbers we are going to need renew prepaid for three months (shortest term with current carrier). at that point we would want to wait to activate att for another 90 days. can we do that without adverse or annoying consequence with att. such as reordering and reshippong att cards

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

2年前

@sandblaster  I've seen you reply to prepaid activation??

@joey2007ua  any ideas?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

2年前

Sorry, I have no idea what restrictions are on the $300 plan but the number port should be complete before Friday.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.