Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 11:43 AM

How do i port my number?

How do I port my number? I was told when I bought a SIM for my unlocked device that I would be asked if I wanted a new number, or to keep my current number when activating. During activation it never said anything about a phone number. In fact just to get the number it gave me I had to check the "ABOUT PHONE" settings on my device. Now looking around the site, I found a page that checks eligibility and my number is eligible, however it tries to start a whole new sale, it does not let me do it for this number already assigned to my account.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

2 months ago

Unfortunately, you can’t port the number to your now activated SIM card. You will need a new SIM card.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
alj96zz

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

wrong. as long as the ported number isn’t coming from ATT or a reseller they can port in and replace a number with the same sim.

Voyager

• 

10 Messages

2 months ago

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1189707/

You need to call 611 from your new number say "More Options" and select "0" to speak to an agent about transferring your number. Before calling make sure you have all the required information ready. You will NOT need a new SIM card. I transferred 3 lines after thoroughly testing the service with the temporary numbers with no issues.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

If it’s postpaid, you have to call the port department (info at att.com/port) or visit the local corproate AT&T store to have them “port in over your current number” (the new one you were assigned during order). Generally not difficult if you have all the old provider information for billing (account number, pin, etc), the number is still active with old provider, and it’s not a reseller (like Cricket).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…