Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
J

• 

5 Messages

Friday, July 9th, 2021 12:27 AM

How do I cancel service?

After 3 months of trying to get a replacement phone that is 4G capable, with endless discussions with representatives who were either no help at all or chose to just disconnect on me oh, I am done. All I want to do is disconnect my service. Ironically, there's no link on your website to do that easily.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

To cancel prepaid, just stop paying. Another way to cancel is to port your number to a different carrier.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I've already stopped autopay. So, I can just "port" my number to another carrier? I don't have to call AT&T and wait on the line for an hour, only to be "accidentally" disconnected? Is it really that simple? Thank you. 😘

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it’s really that simple. Your service does need to be active to port your number so if you intend to port, do it before your plan expires. You will need to call to get your prepaid account number, which you will need to port your number.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Why would you be struggling to replace your phone for three months? When you're prepaid, you just buy another phone there's no discussion.  You pick one, you pay for it.

You have to purchase one of AT&T's phones or one of the phones off of their list of acceptable unlocked phones.

Your new phone has to be LTE compliant, not '4g'.   Perhaps the problem is you not understanding the need to buy off the 2 whitelist?  You can't just buy anything. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Well, then they shouldn't have sent me a message, telling me that I could click on the link and pick from the phones that they offered. After getting error messages, I contacted them and they said they weren't sure why it wasn't working. After repeated tries on their end oh, they said that I wasn't the only one that was having problems oh, but that they were going to "extradite" my issue. They still haven't figured out why some of us cannot pick out a phone that they are offering. As I said, I am done with a t and t.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Well, then they shouldn't have sent me a message, telling me that I could click on the link and pick from the phones that they offered.

I presume you are talking about a link for a free replacement. There have been multiple reports about that so you aren’t alone but that’s not what @lizdance40 is talking about. You can always just buy a new phone. If you intend to port your number, you’ll probably need a new phone anyway.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I wasn't planning to switch service until I had this issue with a t and t. Yes, I know I can buy a new phone. Obviously. They were going to give me a good deal on a phone with the link that they sent me.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

No worries. I found a brand new phone on ebay. With Mint Mobile unlimited for $15 month, almost same data I am getting with at&t, I will be saving $180 a year! https://www.mintmobile.com/

And, in case you didn't get the joke, the rep said "extradite" instead of "expedite". 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@jojoberry2020  At&t was not offering you a 'deal'.   They were going to send you a cheap crappy android phone.  16 gig of storage, mostly used by the OS and 1.5 gigs of ram.  They need to dump all the LG phones anyway, it's not like they can sell them anymore. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.