Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 11:34 PM

Go phone refund

My mother passed away in January. She has a credit of over $200 on her go phone and at&t won’t refund the money to her estate. Their two options are to either extend the expiration date or transfer the credit to another go phone. Her phone is 2000 miles away and I don’t know another sole on this earth who has a go phone. Why won’t they refund?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.7K Messages

a month ago

First let me say I'm very sorry for your loss. Mothers are precious.

Prepaid service never refunds. Your mother was paying to keep her account open, whether she used the funds to make calls or not is immaterial/irrelevant.
You have no right to the funds.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

I guess I never looked at it that way, I thought it was more like a “banking” of funds to be used when she wanted. The plan forces you to keep adding money even if they aren’t used so you don’t lose your minutes. I even tried to get it transferred to her home phone bill to no avail. Just disappointed....

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…