Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 10:29 PM

Getting to know my account number from abroad

Hi experts,

I have created an account for my Prepaid and left the USA for a while. I need to know my account number to port it for the period abroad, but the SIM does not work here to make calls/texts. Any idea who and how to turn to (ie. via e-mail associated to the mentioned account)?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.1K Messages

3 months ago

That’s correct, your account number is not available online. That’s why you have to call. How long are you going to be abroad? If less than a year and you can’t port the number, just change to one of the pay per use plans and refill your account with $100. A $100 refill is good for a year. When you return, just change back to your normal plan, the $100 will still be there to use. You can do both when you call. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.1K Messages

3 months ago

There is no email support. The only way to get your account number for prepaid is to call.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

I can quote my boss that I'm not interested in how it's not possible to do something :). Well, I was afraid to get this answer that I had read in other replies before.

I've figured out there are other numbers to call than 611 available from abroad as well, but I don't know whether I can get my account number and PIN if I call them from another phone number, a foreign country's number. It's not cheap to try it from here (Europe). Can a call to +1.800.901.9878 (bill & account) or to +1.408.962.1025 (support for travel abroad) be a solution?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.1K Messages

3 months ago

Can a call to +1.800.901.9878 (bill & account) or to +1.408.962.1025 (support for travel abroad) be a solution?

The 800 number won’t work from abroad. Call the 408 number. Just curious, who are you planing to port your number to? You can’t port a US number to a foreign carrier and it’s very unlikely you can port to a US carrier from abroad. Your prepaid number also needs to be active to port it. If service has expired, that may prevent porting the number.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 months ago

My first thought was Google Voice, but I forgot to download the app, and here it's not supported. I think I can park it at Numberbarn or at a similar carrier. I read comments about "porting back" and that seemed to me OK from that side as well. But every porting begins with an account number and a PIN. The latter was set up (or so I think now), but the first is not published in my online account, which is weird. I have even found my initial receipt, but there's no account number, just wireless number on it.