Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
benny_GER's profile

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 26th, 2023 4:15 PM

Getting prepaid plan as foreigner

Is it possible to get a sim card with a prepaid plan from AT&T, being non-US citizen, arriving from the EU? And can I also get the discount using autopay?

PS. Sorry for choosing the wrong category, somehow, Prepaid is not available as category...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 months ago

Yes and yes, just visit an ATT store. However if you do use autopay, don’t forget to turn it off before you return to the EU. You don’t want to be paying for a plan you can’t use in the EU. You also need to ensure you have a compatible phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

8 months ago

Moving to Wireless>Prepaid

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

@sandblaster great, thank you for your answer!

Does my phone only has to be without sim-lock? Or is there a list or something with compatible phones?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 months ago

There is a list but it hasn’t been updated in a while.

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

1 Message

7 months ago

Hi there, I’m traveling from Europe to Nevada for two weeks relax. I choose eSIM and 15GB PREPAID plan for $40 but I’m not sure what to fill to phone contact number (my EU phone number is 12 digits long) and what should I fill to address (I’m not US citizen, without US address).. 🤷‍♂️😁

If I’ll input not valid information (random contact number and random US address), pay it by card - I hope I’ll get eSIM QR to valid email? Or is there any other better “legal” way how to purchase?

Thanks, RM

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.