Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
I

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 25th, 2020 12:00 AM

getting charged when i paused autopay before the renewal date

I have paused autopay for my prepaid plan before the renewal date, and I still got charged!!

I am now in a different country, using a different sim card and the usage on my AT&T plan is 0.

Can I get a refund?

Also, why doesn't AT&T have an email address for customer service?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

nope sorry they don’t refund prepaid. If it was up to 3 days before the date it was already in process therefore it wil still be charged

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

they also don’t do email support as it would take a team of thousands to pour through all the irrelevant emails and relevant emails

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

There is no such thing as a pause for auto-pay. There is an on and off switch. If you did not turn it to off before you left that it is still enabled and you will still get charged. Your option now is to call your bank and have them cancel the credit or debit card being charged. They will reissue with new numbers that AT&T does not have. Your account and number will terminate without penalty 60 days from when the balance is $0
If you want to preserve your number and account you will have to call AT&T and have them put you on a pay-per-use plan and refill with enough funds to extend your plan until you return
+1.408.962.1025

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.