Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 5:03 PM

Extortion

I gave my son my old phone to set up because I purchased a new phone.  I had just paid 72.00 dollars for the month and he accidentally changed my plan to the 2.00 a day plan not only did my phone lose the 72.00 now they want an extra 32.50 to turn my phone back on.

I was immediately on the phone there wasn't days in between but minutes so what else is that but extortion? 

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.3K Messages

a month ago

It’s not extortion, it’s just how prepaid works and always has. You change your plan and the old plan terminates and you lose any remaining days.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

These guys are crooks - using COVID to keep from talking to people - crooks charged me for over 2 years after turning off data service to my ipad (prepaid autopay) - they are still charging me - I want a credit for this, there’s no one to talk to - I know this sounds unbelievable but it’s totally true - understated if anything at all! STOP PAYMENT is not an option- the current draft is the only connection I have to these crooks!!!!!!

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

File a complaint through the Better Business Bureau and you will get results.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Apparently AT&T agreed after filing a legitimate claim with the BBB. All I can say is never accept that something wrong is right under any circumstances.

I have worked to hard for my money to let someone steal it from me without a fight... EVER

Get started...

Ask a new question