Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
N

• 

1 Message

Tue, May 5, 2020 9:03 AM

Email

I am unable to sign in to my At&T account as I have forgotten my password. However, I am out of the country and am unable to receive any text messages to get a new temporary password. I will be out of the country for a few months and wanted to suspend my account but am not able to do so as I cannot access my account. Wanted to ask for other options of resetting my password or activating an international plan ( the cheapest and basic one) so that I can receive the text for a new password.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

2年前

The only way to reset a password is by text message. Email is not used. AT&T does not use email for customer service.

If you are a postpaid user, you must call AT&T using the number for international Travellers in the contact us link. You can ask for reduced rate suspension.

If you are a prepaid user, you need to call AT&T using the prepaid number for travelers which you can find at the bottom of this webpage in the contact us Link.

You do not want to suspend your account, that does not stop auto payments, it just blocks service. Since AT&T prepaid service does not roam in most countries in Europe, your service is already effectively blocked.

When you get AT&T on the phone you want to ask them to switch you to a pay-per-use plan, and then refill with sufficient funds to extend your expiration date. $25 extends the expiration date for 90 days. A $100 refill extends your expiration for 365 days. Those funds will be available in your account if you return before the expiration date.

The alternate is to cancel your credit or debit card that is being used to refill your service. That will stop the auto payments, and your account will terminate and number will be lost without any other penalty
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.