Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
aleighcoates's profile

• 

2 Messages

Thu, May 19, 2022 10:13 AM

Disconnected Prepaid Service

My account was disconnected on May 3, 2022 I’m assuming in regards to the phase out of the 3G service since everyone I’ve talked to thus far has only addressed that occurrence. I received no notice (meaning no warning text) prior to the disconnection. My service bill had just previously drafted and posted between the 19th and 20th of April. My first contact with customer support was online chat via the AT&T website. The ending results from this were that my device verified for the new 5G service and that I would need to contact someone via  the AT&T Facebook page. After contacting through FB, my results were that I needed to contact someone else through Skype because they were unable to service me. Tired of being sent from one social media chat to another, I finally was able to borrow someone’s phone to call the customer support number. Here I stayed on the phone for approximately 40 minutes while the representative “refreshed” my service. Ultimately he told me that he was not authorized to reactive my service that I would have to go to a retail store and they could fix it all there no problem. This wouldn’t have been such a big issue if it weren’t for car troubles. I finally found a way to the nearest retail store. I went in and told them about my problem and that the representative said that they could reactivate my service in store with no problems. The lady begins trying to pull up the account and after a few minutes looks up and tells me sorry but there’s nothing I can do. The account has been deleted so you will just have to start a new plan. This is ridiculous! I have yet to be given an answer as to why my account was disconnected in the first place. I am on a very small income and can not afford to just start a new plan. Plus, I had just paid for a months worth of service that I did not get to use! Another thing, if they had no problem disconnecting my account  without me being in store then why is it so difficult for it to be reactivated by phone.  Resulting from this has been nothing but inconvenience after inconvenience. I have found myself broke down on the side of the road for hours because I was unable to call anyone for help, almost missed notification of a death in the family because I was unable to receive the calls or the texts, missed out on 2 job interviews, and have also lost access to my bank accounts, because my verification to log in was set to a text message to my number.  I have been a customer of AT&T since 2011-ish and I’ve never had a problem like this. I really would hate to have to switch providers after all this time but I will do ultimately what I feel I need to. Is there anyone here that can help me? 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

4 m مضت

What phone were you using? 

You had a limited amount of time to reclaim your phone number and have your phone number reactivated. If it was shut off on may 3rd, it's too late now. 

I don't know what phone you were using, but if the phone and the SIM card were capable of working with a t & t s voice over LTE network, I don't see any reason they would not have been able to reactivate the service within a couple of days.   

• 

2 Messages

4 m مضت

I was/ am using an IPhone X and both the device and SIM are compatible with AT&T network. As soon as I realized what was going on, I contacted customer support. My first contact with them was on May 3rd and I’m still without answers or phone service. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.