Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
T

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 14th, 2020 10:46 PM

Disconnected prepaid number but payment taken, how do I get a refund?

I had a at&t prepaid number for a few years but after December 2019, I was out of the country for a six months and so didn't make any payments. I didn't realize that my account got disconnected and when I returned to the country, the first thing was pay for the monthly prepaid plan. I made the payment on June 25th, 2020 and the payment went through but when I turned on the phone, there was no service. Up till I made the payment, I was able to access my gophone account online but right after the payment went through, every time I try to login I get this message saying that my account has been disconnected and I can't get in to my account. I went to an at&t store and they said that there was no way to recover the number and that my payment will automatically get refunded to my card. It's been 3 months and no money came back. So, I went back to an AT&T store and they said because the number is disconnected I would have to inquire online. I called At&T customer service, they said I was eligible for a refund but only payment center could process the refund and they transferred me there. The payment center person told me they agreed I should get a refund but because the account is disconnected they can't process the payment and transferred me back to customer service. Customer service then heard my story and transferred me back to payment center again and then the payment center transferred me back to customer service again. I asked them if there was any other department I could contact who could resolve my issue. They just kept saying how their department couldn't help. At this point, I don't know if the people I'm talking to are incompetent or AT&T just structured the system deliberately to have people bounce around without actually getting anything resolve and ultimately give up. Is there anyone who knows how I could get this resolved?

Thanks

Tahsin

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

File an FCC or BBB complaint.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Sandblaster. Thanks for the advice. Do you know which one is more reliable and will help me get my money back?

Thanks

Tahsin

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Doesn’t matter. Either one will get you a response from corporate. If corporate won’t issue the refund, no one will.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.