Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Joeh69's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 18th, 2022 5:47 PM

Data disappearing

I noticed my prepaid data usage almost doubled. I looked at my usage history and showed data used when the phone would have been on WiFi and in the middle of the  night when I was sleeping and when it would have been on WiFi. No one else has access to phone. My role over data also disappeared. I contacted ATT by phone and they tried to tell me that apps we’re using data in background even though it was on WiFi. They did say my account was interrupted in January, I am on autopay so not on my part. Am I wrong to think this is not on my part. Either AT&T has my account screwed up or someone hacked into my account, most likely during account interruption, as that is when usage increased. All ATT did for me was give me 1Gig of data back, even though I had about 1.8gig of rollover. I asked to speak to supervisor and he could not give me any other explanation and could not further explain the service interruption they told me about. How do I figure out if there is a problem on ATT end or my account was hacked if ATT won’t help. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

2 years ago

I looked at my usage history and showed data used when the phone would have been on WiFi and in the middle of the  night when I was sleeping and when it would have been on WiFi.

Since data can be delayed up to 72 hours from the actual time of usage, and is not posted on your AT&T account live, this information is completely useless and does not indicate when.

Data usage is not controlled by AT and T. It is entirely between you and your phone.

It is not possible for someone to 'hack your account' and steal your data.

Any data gift you were given is just that.

Actual data usage is recorded on your phone. Android show by bill cycle.

If your phone is set up to meter your data usage by your bill cycle, that information is on your phone in settings, under mobile data usage.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

On July 18 my prepaid autopay renewed with 5 gb data. On July 19 I received an ATT message that I had less than 250 mg high speed data left in my billing period. I hardly use my phone. How could I use 4.5 gb high speed data when I was sleeping? My phone shows 2.27 gb data used since July 1. What is going on with my high speed data usage?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

1 year ago

That's what I've heard about AT&T data.

Heard what?  It doesn't matter what you heard about at&t. Your phone is an independent meter of how much data you use during any particular bill cycle. You should be looking at what your phone says in setting for how much data it used on cellular or mobile data. IPhones have to reset cellular data statistics with the beginning of each new cycle. Androids you can set the date and it will keep track for you. How much data is used and for what is entirely between you and the phone and has nothing to do with at&t. All they do is Count what you've used

How do you turn off data at AT&T level?

You can turn off mobile data on your phone at any time. Manually in settings. Postpaid plans can turn off data on any particular line, by managing the line in the AT&T account

Phone data can turn on regardless if you turned it off.

Turning off data in the Myatt account is temporary. It will turn on at the beginning of a new bill cycle. If you turn off data on your phone, you have to manually turn it back on or data will remain unusable

So, will AT&T turn off your data if you choose to have it disabled?

Huh?  This question makes no sense. If you have a plan that includes data, it is always available to you. Whether or not you choose to use it is entirely up to you.  But AT&T is not going to discontinue your data plan just because you aren't using it

As of now all AT&T plans include data. Plans that did not include data have been discontinued for over a year. While there are people who are grandfathered on those plans, AT&T may choose to kick them off those plans if they are using a smartphone, much like Verizon did many years ago.

Cricket still offers a talk and text only plan for $15 and does not currently restrict it to basic phones only.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

1 year ago

@InquiringDuddess

Already told you. 

You can turn off mobile data on your phone at any time.  Manually in settings.

Settings, mobile/cellular data, turn it off (depending on type of phone) 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.