Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Bp7558's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 9th, 2019 1:01 AM

Changed plans but still charged for old plan

I'm a prepaid user on the $45 plan and get a $5 discount for auto pay. Chose to change to the $35/$30 plan. Per the instructions on the account page, I waited til today - one day prior to payment day - to change plans. The plan changed... but it still charged me $40! It overpaid itself by $10 and i would like that back. Please let me know what to do. Thank you!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Can’t get a refund, but next month it will draw only $20.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, I don't plan to have the service next month. So the credit does me no
good.
At the very least if refund is not possible can you put me back on the $45 (
$40 with auto pay ) plan? Since I paid the amount for that one I may as
well get the service i was charged for.
If I change it myself it will just charge me the full amount again.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

1.  This isn’t At&t.   

2.  Nope, won’t work.

You would be required to pay the full $45 to begin that plan and lose your $35 plan.  (Well $35 as you have $10 available).   No, you don’t get a refund.   You could have, and should have, turned off auto pay well before your refill date to avoid this.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You could have, and should have, turned off auto pay well before your refill date to avoid this.  

That would have voided the autopay discount. What you should have done is change the plan a day earlier. Your autopay payment had probably already been taken and was sitting as a credit when you made the change. As noted, this forum is not customer support. If you call, they may be able to put you on your old plan but no one here can do that.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It wasn't due to auto pay. It was a plan change based directly on the
instructions on the plan change page that state "wait for the day before
your payment is due." The change triggered the payment but took the wrong
amount.

You cannot charge for a service you do not provide. That's what bank
chargebacks are for which I guess is my next step.

How is this not AT&T?? Why are there AT&T logos all over the page then? If
you mean this isn't the right area to get this handled then you guys may
want to rewrite the parts of your forum that say "get customer service
here."

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

How is this not AT&T?? Why are there AT&T logos all over the page then? If
you mean this isn't the right area to get this handled then you guys may
want to rewrite the parts of your forum that say "get customer service
here."

Lets put it this way. This is the ATT Community which means it is mainly a customer to customer forum meaning other customers. Obviously, other customers can’t give you a refund, restore your old plan or rewrite the website. There is a small team called ATTCares that does respond to some posts but they are a small team and can’t be contacted directly. In other words, there is no guarantee you can contact customer support on this forum. 

it is normal for autopay to refill your account the day before your plan actually renews. That is done on purpose so that your plan renews at midnight without any service interruption. So whether your autopayment had already occurred or not is really irrelevant to my point. Making the change a day earlier I believe would have prevented the overcharge. The only reason it is an issue is because you don’t plan to renew next month. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.