Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
J

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 19, 2021 6:40 AM

Can't make payments due to locked account

After calling and trying to make payments for my phone I found out my account is actually locked due to a dispute that I never knew about. I was told to email a valid ID to vesta by customer support but what they told me didn't work as I couldn't find a valid email address. How would I be able to send Vesta a valid ID and get my account unlocked so I can have a working phone? 

ACE - Sage

• 

90.3K Messages

3 m ago

Vesta is a third party that processes auto pay for AT&T prepaid. We do not have that information.

I recommend you call AT&T and see if you can get your account straightened out.

My guess is that you paid with a debit or credit card or some other method of payment and then you disputed a payments. That means AT&T will never allow you to use that particular method of payment again.

Depending on how much the dispute was, they may decide they don't want you as a customer anymore. Disputing a prepaid auto pay payment is not the way to deal with problems with AT&T.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.2K Messages

3 m ago

I’ve never heard of them locking a prepaid account from making a payment. I guess disputing a previous payment for service you already used might cause that but more than likely it’s just your payment method that is being denied. You should be able to log into your account and pay with another method.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.