AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
1631lovescat's profile

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 15, 2022 2:24 PM

Canceling autopay from outside US

At first I bought sim card for one month and after one month I prolonged the plan and set the autopay on because it was cheaper than not doing it. Now I’m back in my home country and which means I’m currently not in US. I tried to cancel my plan via “my at&t” but my access was denied. I think it is because I’m at outside US. Anyway, how do i cancel my plan before automatically paying for next month? Actually I searched for information and it says i can directly make a call to international support number but I don’t know if it’s free to call foreign number. I really need help!!!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

61K Messages

4 months ago

The international support number is a free call from your mobile phone if you have roaming service but I suspect you don’t. It is not a free call if made from a number different than your ATT number. The only other option to stop autopay without account access is to cancel the card used for autopay.

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Thank u for answering but I don’t get it clearly. Does “canceling the card” mean stopping the card permanently or inactivating connection between the card and payment?

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

102.3K Messages

4 months ago

@1631lovescat

He means you have to call your bank or financial institution and tell them the card is compromised and you need to replace the card. The new card will have a completely different number and CVC code which AT&T does not have.

There is no penalty other than lack of service for discontinuing payment on prepaid plans

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.