Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums



2 Messages

Fri, Aug 23, 2019 7:00 PM

cancel my prepaid phone

I got a SIM card for my phone with automatic payment for a prepaid plan in Ann Arbor while visiting the States-

Now I am back in Germany and can no longer use this service and would like to stop the automatic payment, either permanently, or suspend payments until reactivation at some later date when returning to the States. HELP


Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User

Community Support


140.4K Messages

a year ago

Hello @DeutschHS


Allow us to provide a helping hand with your prepaid account!


To best serve you with your request while you're out of the country, please call our International Support Team at: +1.314.925.6925, or Click Here to Chat with a representative.


We hope you enjoy the rest of your day!


Dwight, AT&T Community Specialist

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.



2 Messages

a year ago

thank you, I was finally able to cancel. Much more difficult and time consuming than getting a SIM card registered in the first place. Not a very customer friendly strategy to make the cancel process so obscure and difficult - improvement is suggested if AT&T wants customers to return in the future.


ACE - Expert


44.3K Messages

a year ago

@DeutschHS Cancelling prepaid is actually very easy. All you need to do to cancel prepaid is stop paying. In your case, that meant cancelling autopay but you needed to do that before leaving the US. We advise travelers not to even sign up for autopay.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question