Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 26, 2020 4:03 PM

Cancel autopay for prepaid wireless from abroad

Hi! I set up autopay for my go phone account, but now I already left the U.S. without having a chance to cancel the autopay.

I cannot access att website from abroad, plus there was a problem regarding password used to access my account when my friend helped me to access the account within the U.S.

I would like to cancel the autopay and would appreciate if anyone could help me with this issue. Thank you!

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

a month ago

You really needed to cancel autopay before leaving. Your only options to cancel autopay from abroad are to call or to cancel your credit card. If you call, call the international support number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
kevink

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

Something needs to be done. Training of employees? But people need to be warned about the issues of autopay if they are tourists. It may provide a discount, but make the user explicitly add it. Don't make it the default.

kevink

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

I've signed up for phone service once when traveling overseas, and I knew to make sure this wouldn't be an issue. Even bought my SIM on Amazon first, so probably overpaid but I didn't have to worry about looking for a store.

The other time, I was on postpaid, and just paid the $10/day for international roaming. Worked well, but probably added $120 over what a local SIM would have cost.