Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
R

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 21st, 2020 6:26 PM

Canada Coverage AT&T Prepaid

Hi AT&T,

I see that you support voice,data in Canada on AT&T prepaid plans on 45$ monthly plan.

I want to check what network operator will provide signal over there in Montreal, Canada?

Will it be AT&T network where I have access to voice, and LTE data?

Or Will it be via Rogers network which is considered off-net and perhaps the data speeds will be reduced to 2G?

I want to know if I travel to Montreal will I be getting LTE speeds with the cap provided in the plan or will it always be 2G speeds?

Thanks

Raghav

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

ATT does not provide the service in Canada. ATT’s roaming partner is Rogers. Not sure why you would expect 2G speeds, I got LTE in Canada on Rogers.

• 

5 Messages

@sandblaster Hi , thanks for your reply. Well I read on AT&T website , it says 'International off-net (roaming) data use in Canada or Mexico may be reduced to 2G speeds.' , so I was not sure what off-net means here? I would assume if you're not on AT&T network it is off-net and hence it would be reduced to 2G speeds.

So you confirm you're using AT&T prepaid in Canada and it works with Rogers and you get LTE speeds?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

The key there is “may be reduced to 2G speeds“, not “will be”. I can confirm I got LTE in Canada but I am not prepaid. I have seen posts from other prepaid users confirming they got LTE, though.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

Alright. Sounds good. I will take this and try it out as I see much better rates compared to plans over there in Canada.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Yes all prepaid unlimited plans cover North America. Talk, text and data work across all three countries, though they roam in Canada and Mexico. Typically Rogers is good to great, especially in urban areas, like Montreal. He coverage map is shown online under www.att.com/coverage to check the areas you’ll be in. The 2g fine print is to cover the fact that it’s “up to LTE speeds” based on Rogers network availability.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.