Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 22, 2020 11:35 PM

Can I pause auto-pay on AT&T prepaid

I would like to know if I can pause autopay for a month on AT&T prepaid so the card on file does not get charged? Or if I end auto pay can I re-enroll?

I would like to be able to return to auto pay and still get the $10 discount after getting my payment method straight.

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

a month ago

You can turn autopay off and on as much as you want.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you, will I still get the $10 discount when I reactivate auto pay?

Also I have till Jan 30th to renew my plan if I end auto pay will it cut off my phone off? Or just not charge my card.

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

Yes, you will again get the autopay discount when you reactivate autopay. If your plan expires and you don’t renew, your service is cut off. You have 60 days to renew. You don’t have to use autopay to renew. You can just pay for another month.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

Yes you can pause auto pay for one month by simply logging into your account and turning the switch to off. While you are there please note the expiration date of your last refill. It should leave you 60 days further before your plan expires and you lose your number.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

1 Message

ok great. thanks I am traveling internationally, so thinking about doing the same thing, and i dont want to lose my number.. Do i have 60 days from the expiration of my credit (feb 3) or from the last payment?

My last payment was January 3, 2020.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

Refills over $25 and under $99 have a 90-day expiration. So from your last payment, 30 days of service 60 without. The expiration date is in your account online.
If the expiration date is earlier than your return date then you have to make other plans - you make a large refill of 100+. And switch to pay per use plan.. the full $100 will be available when you return, and then you can switch back to a monthly plan.

see section 4 on refill expiration
Prepaid plan terms

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

@surfingfolly The 60 days starts when your account balance is $0 and your current plan or service expires. If your last payment paid for a 30 day plan and your account balance is already $0, the 60 days starts when your current 30 day plan expires.