Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Saki33's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, November 20th, 2020 12:32 AM

Calls show up in account that I didn't make

Have been checking my call history online and seeing charges for calls I didn't make. It's always the same number. I checked my phone's call history and none of these calls appear on my phone. One call was for over 10 minutes. I tried calling the number, (edited per community guidelines), from another phone. I have done it several times, and always the same response: "This call cannot be completed. Please try again later." It lasts 2 seconds. How is it possible then for me to call it for 10 minutes?

I have called customer service three times, and they don't know what is causing it. Today customer service told me they would block it from happening again. I don't know how they can do that since there is only an option to block incoming calls, not outgoing calls. Since the time I hung up with customer service today I see 3 more calls from my phone to that phone number. These calls also do not show up in my call history on phone.

One thing I tried was changing my number. It made no difference. There have been 12 calls to that number since I changed my number.

In case you are wondering if it's an app on my phone, I have never installed any apps other that what are available at Google play.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I found the answer. I was wondering if the problem occurred only when I am connected to wifi. I saw another call to that number about the time I got home today. A perfect way to check the time of call and back on wifi. I use google voice to call when home so checked the time in its call log. Exact same time. Then I checked two earlier calls to that number and my google voice log. Again, exactly the same. It was google voice's number showing up in my account online, but it didn't show up in my phone's call log. I had been selecting my contact from the contact folder, and it asked if I want to use google voice and use the phone to compete call. This only recently happened because I had been getting complaints about voice echo when I used laptop or Echo Dot to make calls and switched to using phone. The solution is to access my contacts from inside the google voice app and then it automatically calls over wifi without asking me if i want to use phone. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.