5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
cxx's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2022 1:56 AM

ATT stealing money from my prepaid account

Hello,

I had a bad experience today. I have been with ATT for more than 20 years with the same number. Today, I am really disappointed. 

Here is the story. I started Add-On on my account with text message auto renew from Sept 2021. I enabled Auto Renew and my text messages are cumulated for one year. Last time, when I checked my remaining messages, it was around 1900. Today, I was charged for my text message and my auto renew on was done on Aug 8th 2022.

I logged in to my account and then I found my Add-On was gone and Auto Renew on was gone too. I called agents. The first agent told me that I started One Drive yesterday and therefore all my messages were gone and she refused to give me back my balance.  I called agent second time and had to hang up after a long waiting. And then I had to buy Add-On today to make sure I was not going be charged with any incoming text messages. The third time, I called agents again. Now, they said that all my previous balance were gone and I could get only $2 for some messages I didn't use for August 200 messages.

It is the second time. The first time, I could get balance back for my son's account. But this time, I cannot get anything back. It is really bad. It seems that all I saved from previous transactions are taken away.

• 

2 Messages

5 months ago

I found an interesting result for my post:

There is change in AT&T so that one family network only has one Auto-Renew date for all lines. When they did the change on Aug 29th (it is the date I realized that my auto-renew flag was gone and all my text messages were gone), they just removed the auto renew status from my phone line while keep the auto renew flag of the other family member line. Because of it, AT&T took all my saved message and then charged me for messages.

The customer support is terrible recently. They didn't understand the issue and tried to repeat the same thing to you again and again until you gave up and figured a reasonable solution by yourself.

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

they have been stealing money from me too 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.