Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
T

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 10:38 PM

AT&T refused to port-out my cell phone number

Calls and texts will randomly take a few days to show up on my phone; calls won't ring but go straight to voicemail.

So after 50 years (literally) of relying on AT&T and the RBOCs it's time to leave - but there's a problem.

Cell phone number - I'm being told it "can't be ported out".

(Edited per community guidelines).

I have had the same AT&T "go phone" / pre-paid cell phone number since they were Cingular.

AT&T tells me the number can't be ported out to another carrier.

Even more bizarre if I switch to an AT&T post-paid plan AT&T says they cannot port my current AT&T number to one of AT&T's own plans.

Anyone have an explanation for this other than "that number can't be ported"?

Why can't it be ported?  Is it just too much work to fill out the right forms and punch in the right codes in the configuration program?

Thanks in advance if you have the real answer to what seems like a provisioning system or process failure.

• 

7 Messages

6分前

Formerlyknownas:  I did go to a corporate store to make the post to pre-paid.

As far as the number porting to a new service, I did everything you have mentioned.  Somehow I can't seem to get ahold of someone at ATT who knows what they're doing.  I'm pretty much done with them.

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

6分前

@BillG22

You wrote,

but ATT says my old numbers can't be ported.  No real excuse other than a bunch of gobbledygook.

Why is AT&T telling you, you can't Port your number? 

Please explain 'goddledygook' in AT&T's words.  Just because you don't understand what they said doesn't mean we don't understand what they said.

It's pretty rare, but some very old regional numbers can't be ported. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.