We Still Have Great Cyber Week Deals: Check out our $5 and under smartphone deals!
The best prices for our Military families
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
A

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Mar 23, 2020 12:06 PM

ATT Prepaid stop for 4 months

I am moving out of US for 4 months and so wont be using my ATT prepaid. What do i need to do so that i dont have to pay for those 4 months and will resume once I come back in August.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

3 years ago

Change your prepaid to a paid per use plan and put $100 in your prepaid account. The $100 keeps your account active for 1 year and since it is per use, it will not use any money. When you return, change your plan to any current prepaid plan and resume using your phone.

If you do not place any money in your account or the money in your account expires and your account is at $0 for 60 days, your account is closed, your number lost and any money in your account lost.

• 

2 Messages

@kdfederer is $100 a must or any amount works?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

Anything less than $100 will expire before you return and you will lose it. A $10-$24 refill expires in 30 days, a $25-$99 refill expires in 90 days. A $100 or higher refill expires in a year. So, a $25 refill will keep your account open until you return (90 days to expiration plus another 60 days before account closes, roughly 5 months total) but you will lose the $25.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.