Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Brittanychenrick's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 3rd, 2022 6:27 AM

AT&T PREPAID- paid balance and phone service still not working.

I previously had two numbers on my prepaid plan. I removed the family plan and made them two individual plans in order to pay the balance on just one of my lines rather than both. After paying the balance with a refill card it still isn’t working. It even shows me that my balance is +$47.65 which is good until December of next year and balance due now is $0. I’m on the $40 a month plan so clearly if my current balance is +$47.65 I clearly have paid more than the $40.00 I owed this month. It reflects a $0 balance owed right now. 

i tried to call AT&T prepaid but they are not open until 9am and I really don’t get why this phone is still not connected and I don’t see any other possible options that I didn’t try to do already. 

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Literally same kind of thing just happen to me, and of course we have to wait til the morning. Or pay an additional money to forcefully turn it back on. Am on the $65 dollar unlimited plan, and with the autopay enrollment, it give you a credit of $15 dollars and I forgot to update my new debit card so my phone got turned off and when I go to updated and pay to have it turn back on, it give me the biggest run around to try get despetately pay not only the $20 dollars that is owed but an additional  $15 dollars as well. I really do not like how it says pay this amount, which I do, then it say $0 dollars owed now which you would think ok cool I paid it, yet my phone its still not on?! Not only that but theres no option to put or use the balance that I made to the bill, yet its says $0 dollars owed and still wants to pay $15 more dollars?! Talk about sheer audacity of arrgoance. But here I am tempting to pay the $15 instead of waiting til the morning to talk to a customer sevice agent, if this isn't an evil move by this conglomerate corporation, then I dont know what is then?!

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

1 year ago

@4_Everardo

Your situation is not the same as the original poster. Her plan does not have an auto pay discount so manually paying her $40 plus tax does not affect her ability to renew her plan. When you have to pay manually, you have to pay the full amount, not just the amount after discount. You should add the $15 for your auto pay discount. Correct your debit card. And then call 611 and hash it out with support and see if they will give you a $15 credit which will sit in your account till next month

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

1 year ago

@Brittanychenrick

It even shows me that my balance is +$47.65 which is good until December of next year and balance due now is $0.

If your account is showing a $47 balance, then it has not yet been used to pay for service on the $40 plan. If your balance showed zero, or less than $7 I would say that it had been used to pay for service and you should have service.

So the possibilities are:

A.  That you have not actually made the two lines individual, and the computer is expecting payment for both lines and $47 is not enough to pay for both lines. 

Or

B.  You have not yet reached the renewal date for your $40 plan. You should still have talk and text even if you have used up all 15 GB of data. But from your post it seems you have no service at all. 

If you don't get a response from ATT help on this forum I would suggest you call 611 which should still work even though you cannot use your phone for anything else. AT&T should be able to help you. 

This is AT&T's support article on creating a multiline account, and returning a multiline account back to single lines. I would suggest double checking your method 

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1117074/

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

@formerlyknownas 

Thanks for the info, I mention kinda of the same simply due to the frustration of not being able to use our phone after we made a payment. I used the make a payment option and made a payment but me being not being a super knowledegble consumer, how I am to know the correct scenerio to restore service? Either way I waited til 9am and they were able to restore it. Its whatever now, but these type of problem are the things that should been addressed yet its not priority its seems as of the time type of writing this and thats very frustrating not just for me but many customers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.