Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Yulinnn's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 14th, 2018 4:03 PM

AT&T Prepaid Account Cancellation and Refund

I had a really unpleasant experience with AT&T. 

I bought an AT&T prepaid card when visiting New York in August. I only wanted to buy a one-month plan because I was not going to be there for long. I wanted to pay in cash, but the shop assistant told me that if I paid with credit card, he could give me more data. So I paid with my credit card. 

After travelling back to Asia, I realized that AT&T tried to deduct money from my credit card every month, and the amount was $44. 

I discovered this in September, but there was just NO WAY to close my AT&T plan, NO online chat, NO customer service email and I cannot make the call from my AT&T number from Asia because there is no cellular reception. 

For September, there was insufficient fund in my card so the payment was not successful. However, I lost 2x$44 for this reason for the month of October and November. And I want to stop loss + claim refund. 

Can anyone in this forum advise? I was definitely scammed. 

@ATTCares 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

5 years ago

You should have turned off auto pay in the prepaid account before leaving the US.  

Quickest option now is cancel the card to stop future deductions.

There is no difference in data plans, no matter how you pay.  The difference is you pay less with a sign up and repeat payment method.  Next time stick to cash.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.