Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
cmoon's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 8th, 2022 2:39 PM

Adding a child account to my prepaid account

Hello. I know you can add a line to a prepaid account, but in order to get the phone my kid wants I have to set up an account for them when I buy it. They are underage and don't have their own email or anything yet, so how do I set up an account for them? Do I use my email and user information? Will that cancel out my already existing account? Can you have more than one account under the same email address? I will be the one paying, so will their account and mine be on the same bill at the same time? Thank you for any help, I just want to make this as non complicated as possible.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.2K Messages

3 months ago

Prepaid doesn’t have a bill and every prepaid number is a separate account even if one account pays for both plans. There is also no requirement to use or provide an email address. The account is created when the SIM card is activated and the number is assigned. If you want to use the same email address on two accounts, I believe you can but again, you don’t have to supply an email at all. Whether or not you want to put your child’s info on that account or your info is up to you. The user id to access either account is the phone number. Once the second account is active, you will first need to select a plan from that account. At that point, from your existing account you will invite that number to join your multiline account and from that point on you will pay for both plans from one account.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

104.2K Messages

3 months ago

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for the answers. I never set up a multi line before and was confused about what I had to provide. This cleared it up for me though. Thank you and it is much appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.