Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
Coop91709's profile
Coop91709
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

15 Messages

Tue, Apr 19, 2022 3:58 AM

Account Cancelled

Hello, can someone please tell me why my account was cancelled without me doing it, after having paid my bill on the 12th. And when I went into AT&T they had no notes on the account why it was closed. Even the sim in my phone when customer service tried to re-activate it, it said the sim is invalid! I just received a phone call earlier today 

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

Itz a pre-paid account. Has been up to date ever since I opened it. Haven't missed a payment. 

ACE - Sage

• 

97.3K Messages

2分前

It's probably not closed.  Why do you think it is? 

If you refill your prepaid service 6 days ago, and I have been using service everyday, there is no reason to believe the account is closed.  The only way it happens is if your phone number was ported to a different service provider. 

Have someone call your number. 

Any response? 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

2分前

Perhaps your issue is not that the account was closed but you may be using an unsupported phone. What is the make and model of your phone and have you verified if it is on ATT’s supported phone list?

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

I'm using a top of the line phone from last year by a leading cell phone maker and I went into AT&T and they confirmed the account was cancelled, but they didn't have any notes on the account as to who closed it. When I tried to reactivate my sim, it said the sim was invalid. 

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

My girlfriend attempted to call me yesterday and she said the phone said the number was no longer in service. She was trying to call me at the exact time I was attempting to send a text and found out my service was off. And my bill is paid on time due to autopay. And yes, the money came out of my account, even received text messages saying my payment was successful.

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

And 100% positive phone is supported seeing as I bought it directly from AT&T 

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

I'm on the phone with ATT right now and they said I requested a transfer pin to move the number to Tmobile, which I sure in the (Edited per community guidelines) did not. Why would I pay my bill within the last few days and then transfer it to another carrier?! I didn't!!!

(edited)

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

It sounds like someone mixed up the phone numbers when transferring someone else's number or someone hacked me and trying to steal my phone number. But I sure in the heck didn't request to move my number to a different carrier. I have an ATT branded phone!!!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

2分前

I'm on the phone with ATT right now and they said I requested a transfer pin to move the number to Tmobile

Prepaid does not request or require a transfer pin. Transfer pins are for postpaid only. If your number was ported, that requires knowing your prepaid account number and account pin, not a transfer pin. Your prepaid account number is not available online, they would have had to call ATT to get the account number.

someone hacked me and trying to steal my phone number

Yes, that’s what it sounds like. You first need to secure any accounts that are secured by your phone number. Stealing a phone number is normally on purpose and the number being stolen is specifically being targeted. Once the thief has your number, they can reset any password that uses that number for authentication. I’m not sure how you stop or reverse the number being ported. I suggest you go to the nearest ATT corporate store, perhaps they can stop the number from being ported. Otherwise, I suggest you file an FCC complaint. Whatever you do, act quickly. Someone is likely targeting you specifically.

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

Yes, I called Tmobile and they said the number has been closed, but I am gonna start changing all of my passwords for my accounts and securing everything 

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

I have ATT and Tmobile on the line talking to one another right now trying to get this fixed. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

2分前

Good luck, hope you get this fixed. 

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

Thank you and for your posts

ACE - Sage

• 

97.3K Messages

2分前

I was dearly hoping this wasn't the case, as it should not have been possible.

Very sorry.

Hope it can be fixed

Coop91709

• 

15 Messages

2分前

Yep. Someone  ported my number to T-mobile pre-paid and then cancelled it shortly after, not sure if the cancel was done yesterday or today. But they could have accessed a ton of my info due to having my phone number. Everyone was very helpful except for 1 (Edited per community guidelines) manager who totally was disrespectful when i was speaking with him, Allen. If he would have been right in front of me, I prolly would have decked him. But becuz I need my issue solved. I bit my tongue as best as I could. So glad that I didn't get him again. But I still don't have my number. And AT&T says the only way someone could have ported my number out is if they knew my account info and had my 4 digit pin. Which I don't kno how anyone would have gotten my info on my end. But I do kno hackers are always trying to steal info. But I can't even change some of my stuff becuz I don't have my phone number to verify with. They're sposed to be working on it, I was sposed to get a call back today (which didn't happen) so I'm hoping tomorrow they have some info and good news for me. They had me playing phone tag with AT&T, T-mobile and an AT&T corporate store. I'm still at a loss for how they just gave my number away like that, especially after having seen I just made a payment a few days earlier. I still believe someone (Edited per community guidelines)ed up on their end and closed my account. Cuz I am highly careful with my info and I don't open links, give away personal info or let anyone use my devices. This has been an absolute nightmare. They also suggested that I open a new account, which then I would have to pay for everything but still doesn't solve my issues of needing that number to verify my identity with other personal accounts linked to that number. Whoever did this, I really hope they find them and prosecute them to the fullest extents of the law! (Edited per community guidelines), they could atleast set me up with a temporary phone so that I'm able to have some sort of way of being able to communicate with them or others in case of an emergency. 

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.