Get the myAT&T app
JustinTD's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 8th, 2018 8:59 PM

Closed

Why is my LTE data so slow?

It started at the end of April. All my phones (4 phones) began getting terrible speeds. All were showing LTE, all had good signal, but could never get about 3MB up/down. It would start out at 12-5MB then drop to 3 and hold there. This looks like throttling to me. Especially since ALL the phones on my plan are suffering from it. I called in, verified we were not throttled, even did some resets... no change. Replaced the SIM card in one, again no change. I have been through the phone system twice. I have been through your Facebook reps more times than I can count. I was told there was nothing wrong so they couldn't fix anything. This is not acceptable, not for what I pay a month. I can barely browse the web forget downloading apps or streaming. Now I am into the 2nd month of this crap and no one has taken my complaint seriously! ENOUGH! I need to speak with someone higher up than just customer service.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

This is not a solution. This is att hiding behind a computer and lawyers as usual. Att has become the biggest joke of all carriers . Can't wait to switch to anything but att

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I’m headed over to Xfinity Mobile. Enough is enough with AT&T. Unfortunate, have been a loyal consumer for over a decade. Customer appreciate is nonexistent. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Oh my bummed to hear this. Just got added to my sister's grandfathered plan thinking it would be better than an MVNO and I'm only getting 3mb down. I mean, da fuq? MVNO's are capping it at 5mb at least... So they are literally driving the unlimited users out with throttled speeds and lying about it? Regretting my decision already... They don't care if you stay or go because people will just use MVNO's to buy their Network anyway. However, some of you folks with $350/mo bills! How can they let you go?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I agree, I’m so tired of AT&T’s (Edited per community guidelines)ty service, everything they are involved in (Edited per community guidelines), Directv use to have amazing service, then AT&T bought them, now you have people you barely understand, they always promise to fix your issues, but rarely do, usually waste an hour or two on the phone, now with the cell services, I feel like I’m in Dial up days, have to wait minutes to even show a picture. Forget trying to watch a video. So I went to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for my Bday & New Years, unfortunately I picked an AT&T SIM card, so was barely getting 3g speeds, could barely open translator apps, couldn’t post pictures or videos! Overall I think AT&T is bottom of the barrel, I think I’ll be switching ASAP

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is likely because of an older Unlimited plan that is limiting your bandwidth to 3Mb up and down. This is what happened to me. Unbelievable! When you do the speedtest, you will see that the speed spikes up at the beginning until you get throttled down to 3Mb. Crappy service to call it a 4G/5G unlimited plan. As far as I'm concerned, it's false advertising.

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

We've been having the very same problem and we've called so many times and they say nothings wrong. What we're paying for this monthly service its not worth it at all. We was with Verizon for 10 yrs and charged bc they promised us At&t was better but we got our service started March of 2020 and it socks. 

Former Moderator

• 

697 Messages

4 years ago

Dear Community Members,

Thank you for participating in this conversation. As this thread has received a lot of solutions, this conversation will be closed. Request you to start a new thread in case of any further concern. 

Regards,
AT&T Moderator

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.