Get the myAT&T app
JustinTD's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 8th, 2018 8:59 PM

Closed

Why is my LTE data so slow?

It started at the end of April. All my phones (4 phones) began getting terrible speeds. All were showing LTE, all had good signal, but could never get about 3MB up/down. It would start out at 12-5MB then drop to 3 and hold there. This looks like throttling to me. Especially since ALL the phones on my plan are suffering from it. I called in, verified we were not throttled, even did some resets... no change. Replaced the SIM card in one, again no change. I have been through the phone system twice. I have been through your Facebook reps more times than I can count. I was told there was nothing wrong so they couldn't fix anything. This is not acceptable, not for what I pay a month. I can barely browse the web forget downloading apps or streaming. Now I am into the 2nd month of this crap and no one has taken my complaint seriously! ENOUGH! I need to speak with someone higher up than just customer service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Internet is trash no matter where I am or what time of month it is. It's really sad how bad their service has gotten I was getting faster speeds on their 3g then their 4glte and 5g which should be embarrassing too at&t but I'm pretty sure they dont care about their customers at all they are scamming everyone I dont get how metro pcs is faster where I am then at&t really pathetic 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I regret ever signing up for this trash service, my unlimited data is complete and utter crap.

my browser takes forever to load sites and I am supposedly getting unlimited data??? Such a SCAM 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Screenshot_20190512-141605_Speedtest.jpg

I myself am suffering from the same problems. Notice from the image attached, in February I was consistently getting 100mb+ down speeds, fast forward I'm lucky to get 4mb down which makes it hard to do anything past web browsing. Been dealing with this for a couple months now which is crazy for how much att charges us 

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am an Att customer. For years I have been paying outrageous bills. I went into my account I found a cheaper plan which still offered unlimited data however when I switched to the plan I began receiving messages saying you used all of the data and you will slow down your internet speed. How do you offer unlimited data and then slow my speed down because I as a customer have used more than you the company anticipated. Att is a rip off. Switch your plan. I have been a customer for 15 years and I have felt nothing but ***** from this company for 15 years 

[word filter avoidance]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T Business customer in a rural area outside Whitesville, KY with a CRU FAN account, 3 lines all running Business Unlimited Plus...starting just under two months ago all lines on our account started getting progressively slower and slower.  We used to get anywhere from 12 to 15 Mbps down, now we're lucky to get even 1 Mbps during peak hours.  I've talked to AT&T reps in chat and on @ATTCares (really?) on Twitter, and no one has a logical explanation.  It doesn't seem to matter if the line is over the 22GB threshold or not, everything is just horribly slow.  The only time LTE data service is usable is between midnight and 8am when everyone is sleeping.  At this point even voice quality and texting is starting to suffer, often I have to force my phone down to HSPA to even get out.

Then:

Now:

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I think we now have the answer for this. As most people know, 5G is coming out, and the same thing that apple does with theyre products is happening. The new thing isnt going to be any better than the old thing; the old thing just gets worse. The little icon at the top of your screen is like a scaling of 1-10 with no letters or numbers and a single bar being a 1 and 4GLTE full bars being a 10. So if you had 4GLTE before they even thought about 5G you were at a 10/10 (100%). Now that 5G is coming into effect lets say that another 5 levels just got added to the scale, but your still at 4GLTE, so now your at 10/15 (67%) on the scale. Obviosly all of those numbers are just theoretical and i cant prove any of this but i think it makes pretty good sense.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm not comparing my service to 5G, I'm talking about having usable service
at all during business hours. But it's all good, I got a T-Mobile line for
backup and it works just like my AT&T service *used* to. Just waiting for
my contract to run out now...shame on me for ever signing one in the first
place. Lesson learned.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Nothing has changed for me since last year. Same issues. Long time AT&T customer and I’m at my wits end. Does anyone have experience with Xfinity Mobile? I’m highly considering switching to it. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why is this marked “solved”?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Boost mobile offered 20 G of data. I joined. For 3 months I was lucky to be able to use 2G each month. I called them before each reup day. They reconfigured my phone first. (A Galaxy S 5 Verizon) then it was they were doing work in my area. Then it was we can reconfigure your phone again. I said take me off auto pay and cancel my account.4 days before my payment date. Well,they went ahead and charged me. Refused to give a refund.2 days later my phone scrambled. They still owe me $56.customer service was in S. America and they laughed when I called .like I was a personal joke for them .

I'll never use them again. 

As it turns out,Virgin mobile uses the same customer service group. Fuq'n BIG TIME. Worst CS I've ever used.rude,obnoxious and argumentative. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.