Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
LasVegas2001's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 24th, 2018 6:33 PM

Why did AT&T discontinue Smart Limits?

For the life of me, I cannot understand why AT&T discontinued SmartLimits and replaced it with Secure Family, which is the most useless app I've ever seen.

Secure Family is not user friendly & has nowhere near the features that SmartLimits did.

Also, within 24 hours of installing it on my daughter's phone, she managed to remove it. 

Not only will I be cancelling this useless service, but I am seriously thinking about switching carriers after many years with AT&T, if I can find one that offers a service like SmartLimits.

I know others on this forum have brought up this topic and their dissatisfaction with Secure Family, but I wanted to make my views known as well. If someone can suggest a carrier that has something akin to SmartLimits, please post it here for the benefit of me and other dissatisfied parents.

Finally, I would like to hear from an AT&T representative as to  the thinking (or lack thereof) that went into this misguided decision to drop something that worked just fine. The old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," certainly applies here.

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@LasVegas2001and of course you're not going to get a response from AT&T on this.  Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.