Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Get the myAT&T app
Billie76's profile

Coach

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 16th, 2017 1:50 PM

Why can't a tech on the phone answer the question Asked?

I am So Exhausted, being passed from one, barely audible, barely understandable, "Representative" to another. Spending upwards of 3 hours to get a Seriously Simple Question answered. Do these Representatives receive commission based on call length, sales, etc? All I want to know is why, After it's paid off, Is One of my lines "eligible to be unlocked"? What was locked? 

And, Why was the Reps answer, "I looked at your account, and, everything appears ok, you can reset your directv box now" .... Hello? Did I ask wrong? I said, "I only Want to know what this means. I received a message that one of my phones is Eligible to be unlocked, and I don't know what that means? I dont want to make changes or purchase Anything, I simply would like to know what it means" . When I, #1- Can Not understand the person I'm speaking with, and #2- you looked at the Wrong part of my account, answered zip, and, tell me, "I don't know what you are asking" ... maybe, thus isn't the job for you. And, Maybe AT&T needs to FIX their system. I Never get out without at least 3 calls, and several hours. Even when Paying my bill. I don't believe I'll hit 15 years, and, that's not but a year away. I pay FAR too much, and get tired of the migraines associated with calling them. For goodness sakes... I've had to tell them, they've Screwed up the "main phone number" on the account, over a dozen times.... And, 4 months in a row, as of today.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.2K Messages

5 years ago

That’s crazy. Anyway, to answer your question, a locked phone means that phone can only be used on the carrier it is locked to. All phones sold by ATT are locked to ATT, which means you can’t use it on some other carrier. Once the phone is paid off, you can get it unlocked which means the phone will work on some other carrier, provided the phone is compatible with that carrier’s network. 

Coach

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you. It's Amazing, how quickly you answered my question. And, Simply... lol. Much appreciated. Makes sense. Yet, I have an iPhone 5c, they Won't unlock, been paid off for well over 2 years.. lol. Thank you. Guess I'll come here FIRST from now on. Quickest response in 2 years!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.