Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

 • 

2 Messages

Fri, Aug 7, 2009 12:37 AM

voice mail retrieval

How do I retrieve voice mail from a land line?

 

 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago

Call your cell phone number.

 

When it picks up, hit *

 

Then enter your PIN.

 

Hope you remember it if it was from long ago.

 

If you don't remember, you need to dial your VM from your cell and then go thru the menu to reset the VM password.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-06-2009 09:47:15 PM
ipk316

Guru

 • 

545 Messages

11 years ago


@Zandora wrote:

Call your cell phone number.

 

When it picks up, hit *

 

Then enter your PIN.

 

Hope you remember it if it was from long ago.

 

If you don't remember, you need to dial your VM from your cell and then go thru the menu to reset the VM password.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-06-2009 09:47:15 PM

OP has land line... 

 

Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago


@ipk316 wrote:
OP has land line... 

Yes, I saw that.

 

I answered his question. What seems to be confusing?

ipk316

Guru

 • 

545 Messages

11 years ago


@Zandora wrote:

@ipk316 wrote:
OP has land line... 

Yes, I saw that.

 

I answered his question. What seems to be confusing?


"call your cell number"? really??? FYI land line is a wired line and not Cell/Mobile/wireless... 

 

Explorer

 • 

21 Messages

11 years ago


ipk316 wrote: "call your cell number"? really??? FYI land line is a wired line and not Cell/Mobile/wireless... 

 


I would interpret the OP's question as "how to I retrieve my cell phone's voice mail by dialing from a landline."

 

Message Edited by pixelmountain on 08-18-2009 01:23:25 PM
Message Edited by pixelmountain on 08-18-2009 01:24:11 PM
Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago


@pixelmountain wrote:

ipk316 wrote: "call your cell number"? really??? FYI land line is a wired line and not Cell/Mobile/wireless... 

 


I would interpret the OP's question as "how to I retrieve my cell phone's voice mail by dialing from a landline."

Thank you, pixelmountain.

 

Yes. That is how I interpreted OP's question...

 

"How do I retrieve my cell phone VM from a landline?"

 

That is the question I answered.

Message Edited by Zandora on 08-18-2009 05:16:14 PM
dmapr

ACE - Expert

 • 

6.3K Messages

11 years ago


@Zandora wrote:

 

Thank you, pixelmountain.

 

Yes. That is how I interpreted OP's question...

 

"How do I retrieve my cell phone VM from a landline?"

 

That is the question I answered.


That you did and it's crystal clear if you ask me 😄 Apparently not everyone is aware of the fact that it is possible to place a call to a cell phone number from a landline but lets hope the OP is.

Message Edited by dmapr on 08-18-2009 04:59:39 PM
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago


@dmapr wrote:

That you did and it's crystal clear if you ask me 😄 Apparently not everyone is aware of the fact that it is possible to place a call to a cell phone number from a landline but lets hope the OP is.


I was confused about the confusion 🙂

 

Glad to know I wasn't losing my mind.

ipk316

Guru

 • 

545 Messages

11 years ago

OP never said that he/she wants to retrieve VM from Cell phone... Obviously some people don't know that people can leave VM on Land line...

Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago


@ipk316 wrote:
OP never said that he/she wants to retrieve VM from Cell phone... Obviously some people don't know that people can leave VM on Land line...


 

This is a cell phone forum.

 

Connect the dots.

Contributor

 • 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you for the help. I was able to retrieve voice mails from my land line that were on my cell. 
ipk316

Guru

 • 

545 Messages

11 years ago

My bead... I confused my self on this one...
Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago


@ipk316 wrote:
My bead... I confused my self on this one...

 

LOL.

 

No problem. I've confused myself (and others) many a time.

 

As long as the OP was helped that's all that matters.

Zandora

Master

 • 

4.3K Messages

11 years ago


@hogansdaddy wrote:
Thank you for the help. I was able to retrieve voice mails from my land line that were on my cell. 

 

Glad to hear your problem is solved.
Ron_Miami

Professor

 • 

714 Messages

11 years ago

I'm getting a headache... Smiley Happy

Get started...

Ask a new question