Get the myAT&T app
aanyag's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 30th, 2023 7:36 AM

Vacation Hold

I am travelling overseas for couple of months. I will not be using my wireless services for this duration. Hence I want to put my wireless services on hold. But I am unclear on the process and procedure.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

9 months ago

What you were talking about is suspending service which will lock you out of your account.  

There's no reduced rate to do this for a vacation.  AT&T offers reduced reduced rate suspension for emergency situations, like long-term hospitalization, incarceration, but not vacation. If you call AT&T you might get someone who will do it for you even though it's against policy.

If you are taking your phone with you, it comes with some issues.   You still have to pay the bill but you will lose access to the account, you'd have to leave auto pay on.  If you are taking your AT&T phone and you have insurance, you will be uninsured if your phone line is not active.  

Alternate

You can leave your physical SIM card in your wallet, or turn off the ESIM.  If you're on one of the current your way mix plans you can switch to the lowest plan to at least reduce your rate a little bit while you're out of the country.

You can use your AT&T SIM card for free via Wi-Fi call or text to contact the USA 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

9 months ago

Vacation hold is only available for Internet, TV and VOIP service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.