Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
Infinitylava's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 9:26 PM

Upgrading from a 2 year plan to ATT NEXT

Hello I’m wondering if I have to turn in my old phones when upgrading from a 2 year contract when they still had it can you upgrade without returning the old phones that were not in that plan?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You own any phones you got on a 2 year contract. You do not turn them in.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

what about a SIM card when ou upgrade from the att store do you bring your old phone with you? Or can you do that’s when you get home or??

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You can bring your sim card but if you are upgrading, you should get a new sim card with the new phone. They will activate it with your number and your old sim card will then be deactivated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

i am thinking of switching from vezerion cell phone  to att....i have been with vezion for 11 years  have two phones.there prices keep going up and up. what deals do att have for this??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This summer I took advantage of the buy one get one free offer on the IPhone 8.  This has caused so many nightmares with my wireless bill.  Also, the installment plan shows me as having to pay in full for both phones if I want to pay them off early.  This doesn’t seem right? 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Also, the installment plan shows me as having to pay in full for both phones if I want to pay them off early.  This doesn’t seem right

@Soccermama It is right. The way free phone offers work is the phone is put on a Next plan but you get a credit every month. The only way to get all of the credits is to complete the entire 24 or 30 months of the Next plan. If you pay it off for early, you lose any remaining credits. The whole reason for offering a free phone is to keep that new line active for 24/30 months. The monthly credit is how they do that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.