Get the myAT&T app
ryansanders1628's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 30th, 2017 5:47 AM

Unlimited plus plan free hbo

I just got the plus plan and I figured out how to stream hbo from my phone, but I'm not sure how to watch it on my uverse cable box. can anyone help? P.S. the Hbo channels on my tv are still unavailable as if I'm not subscribed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hi all,

We see this is a popular post and wanted to reach out to all of you. HBO MAX is a streaming service that is included on eligible AT&T Mobility plans, AT&T Fiber, and some TV packages

To view HBO MAX, your need the HBO MAX app or browser. You'll find our Stream HBO MAX helpful with information on how to sign in

-AT&T, Community Team

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Why not watch the hbo channels directly on your tv?

For streaming to your computer and other devices there's HBO GO.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

7 years ago

HBO NOW is accessible with a paid subscription to HBO.  What Uverse TV package do you have?  U450 or perhaps a separate HBO subscription? You might want to check your account (online or call CS) to verify that you are getting your FREE HBO.

HBO GO is a separate subscription to access online content only.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have the U300 television package which doesn't include HBO, but with my unlimited data plus plan I believe I am supposed to receive HBO. is this just a problem I take up with at&t or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

@ryansanders1628 wrote:
I have the U300 television package which doesn't include HBO, but with my unlimited data plus plan I believe I am supposed to receive HBO. is this just a problem I take up with at&t or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

This is more of a wireless question.  I'm going to ask that the moderators move your thread to the Wireless section, because your U-verse TV subscription is irrelevant to this question.  You're looking for a feature of your Wireless.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

Looks like in this article you should get free HBO and a $25.00 Uverse credit if you have the Unlimited Plus wireless package.  I may be reading it incorrectly. 

http://about.att.com/story/unlimited_wireless_plan_hbo.html

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

With unlimited plus data plan you get HBO GO free, not HBO and not HBO NOW.  

To watch HBO GO on the big screen, you need a streaming device.  Chromecast, Roku or Apple TV type device, or a smart TV that you can cast from mobile.

please note HBO GO is NOT data free TV.  Only data from ATT apps is included.  Uverse, DirecTV, DirecTV NOW.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

That's helpful, but how do you set up the HBO Go access?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

This is not what att says. If you go to the link in the answers it says HBO is free. That is also what i was told when i signed up plus 25.00 off of my bill. So I'm confused

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Teddybear456  Do you have Uverse or directTV in the same name as the wireless account?  Contact TV support to add HBO at no charge.  

HBO Credit: AT&T Unlimited Plus subscribers receive access to HBO services & a credit to their bill for the corresponding HBO service. Customers w/wireless service only or DIRECTV NOW receive access to 3 live channels and on-demand content; customers with residential DIRECTV or U-Verse TV service receive access to live channels available for that service and on-demand content. Included channels subject to change. Customers who currently have HBO will see bill credit discounting the cost of the HBO service (up to $17.99 for residential DIRECTV; up to $16.00 for U-Verse TV; up to $13.00 for DIRECTV Premier or U-Verse TV U400/U450; DIRECTV NOW customers (with or without previous HBO) see a charge of $0.00). Other customers previously w/o HBO will see charge for HBO service and corresponding credit discounting the cost of the HBO service on their bill. Activation may be required.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.