For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
GVS's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, July 7th, 2014 7:43 PM

Unified Messaging - Wireless Integration

Just got my Unified Messaging restored on my wireless lines after changing rate plans... I still can't understand why the iPhones can't integrate the access to the Unified Messaging box. Using the Voicemail button on the phone screen, pressing and holding the 1 key, or asking Siri to connect to Voicemail should be the same regardless of which Voice Mail system is provisioned. The SIM has 2 files, ef-MBDN and ef-MBI which is used by most cell phones to set up a call to the appropriate mailbox to access messages. Apparently the iPhones do not support this basic GSM function, hence the use of the VM Viewer, which can't be used in hands-free manner. AT&T and Apple should get this resolved.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello GVS,

I hope I understand your question correctly. iPhone uses a visual voicemail system, which is more of a digital delivery right to the device, you can call customer care and see if they can possibly remove the visual voicemail from your account which should force it to use regular viocemail.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I am using AT&T's Unified Messaging which consolidates my 2 wireless lines and homeline into a single voicemail system so messages to any of the 3 lines can be received by each. To provision this, AT&T wireless removes the iPhone Visual Voicemail, which then leaves the iPhones set for the standard wireless voicemail, but no accounts active in that system. Then, rather than using the functionality defined in the GSM Terminal Equipment/'SIM specifications, they developed an app to access the Unified Messaging system. Hence all the signaling indicators defined in the specification for the use by terminal (voicemail message alerts, one button and voice activated connections) are not functional.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Does anyone know why I can't get Unified Messaging to combine 2 wireless accounts without also including a landline?  AT&T would like to eliminate Landlines, and most of my family has dropped them, so why require a landine to be part of Unified Messaging.

Is there any other way to be able to access wireless VM online?

Thanks,

Gary

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.