For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
rodimirv's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, November 30th, 2017 9:25 AM

Trying to unlock a paid off phone but ATT system saying it has not been paid off

Hi,

I have been trying to unlock my previous phone through AT&T unlock device online but it keeps telling me that I have to pay off the device first. Error message: "Looks like you haven't paid off your device yet. Follow these steps to pay off your installment plan. Then, wait 48 hours before you submit a new request.

I have paid off the device on September 25, 2017 and upgraded to a new phone already. I have been trying to unlock my IPhone ever since. I also used the chat support 7 days ago and the agent told me that I should wait 72 hrs for unlock. I received a text message 4 days ago from AT&T customer care and the message says "We cannot complete your request for one of the following reasons: You have not completed all the payments for your device according to your AT&T Next service agreement." Case # CM20171123_129149503

What should I do to get my old phone unlocked?

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

I purchase New iphone and the item is still in sealed box, before purchase this item I check IMEI, Serial # and they came back clean even at&t...I don't have at&t contract, I have At&t Gophone (Pay As You Go) plan 
I have been trying to unlock iPhone through AT&T unlock device portal online but it keeps telling me that I have to pay off the device first. Error message: "Looks like you haven't paid off your device yet. Follow these steps to pay off your installment plan. Then, wait 48 hours before you submit a new request...After reading all the request..."There Hope"...Any Help is Welcome!! Thx   

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

@ATTHelp I've got a very old Apple Iphone 5s phone with IMEI 013971005788242. I tried to use the form at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock but got the message "Looks like you haven't paid off your device yet....". I am not an At&T customer, moreover I live in Ukraine, not in USA, also the phone is out of Apple's support for years. Is there a way to unlock that phone so it could be used with other mobile operators? Thanks in advance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.