Get the myAT&T app
DaveKing's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 1:05 AM

Trouble with Upgrades?

I have had my iPhone 4 for almost 3 years now. My daughter has also had her iPhone 4 for over two years now. We have the plan that is supposed to allow us to recieve an upgrade every 2 years but every time I check, AT&T tells me that me and my daughter are not eligible. This is getting quite fustrating because it has been over 2 years and I would like to upgrade.

I am hoping someone will be able to explain this problem to me. Also, I am taking part of the Employee Discount program right now so I don't know if that has any effect on my upgrades.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

The employee discount programs don't generally have that big of an impact on your upgrades, but the details of your plan would be based on the agreement your employer signed with AT&T.

If you purchased the phones new from AT&T or with a contract and you have fulfilled the contract abligations, you are eligible for upgrades. Do keep in mind that if you have a Mobile Share plan that signing up for a new contract will most likely increase your monthly cost because you would lose any "off contract discount" you may have now.

There is a way you can check your contract status on the AT&T web site, but I don't have those details in front of me right now. You cal always call *611 from your cell phone to get your current contract status.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello DaveKing,

There could be other reasons why you're not eligible for an upgrade after your contract has expired, like payment history or off-network roaming, you can send us a private message by clicking here and our team will be happy to research it for you!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.