Get the myAT&T app
Caesarjet's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 6:49 PM

Traveling to SWITZERLAND with AT&T Passport Plan.

Hi guys, i have so many questions about the current feature of AT&T.

I'm going overseas next month, and i just wanna know, if i use iMessage on a foreign network, (Swiss Network) i will be using the 800MB Passport plan data? or is it free?

Also, i would like to know any recommendation on how to use Google Maps for orientation, and if the AT&T Passport Plan its worth it?

Thank you so much.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Both will use data.  SMS is free.  iMessage is not, turn it off unless you have wifi all the time. 

Mapping and turn by turn direction can use roughly 1 gig in 24 hours, so occasional use would be okay.  You can also load over wifi to conserve data.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, iMessages over the cellular network will use data. Not sure I understand your map question. An occasional use of maps to determine where you're at isn't too data intensive but using maps for turn by turn navigation will use up data quickly. Is the plan worth it? If you need data and getting a local sim is not an option, I'd say yes.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Caesarjet wrote:

I'm going overseas next month, and i just wanna know, if i use iMessage on a foreign network, (Swiss Network) i will be using the 800MB Passport plan data? or is it free?

It's $120 for 800MB with Passport Gold.  See the options here https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/passport.html

They have pay-per-use rates but it adds up fast. https://www.att.com/offers/international-plans/compare-options.html 800MB would cost you $1,600 for 800MB, so you probably on't want to go that route. 60MB at Pay-per-use would cost you over $120.

Also, i would like to know any recommendation on how to use Google Maps for orientation, and if the AT&T Passport Plan its worth it?

Depends how much data you want to use and if it's worth the money TO YOU.

To me, if I'm paying thou$and$ of dollars for a vacation, what's another $80, I only say $80 because there is no way I'm not getting at least the $40. So $80 more gets me the biggest pacakage and I can do what I want with it (still within reason).

If you don't know how to use Google Maps in the US, I'm not sure if you want to start playing with it on vacation while you're paying extra for data.

IF you have an iPhone, get the FREE Galileo map app and download the maps in advance and then you don't need to use data when you are there.  Not driving directions, just a map with a dot where you are.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

deleted

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

WOW! This is an incredible NEWS!!! How awesome! just on time before my trip to europe!!

AMAZING!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.