For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
T

• 

15 Messages

Tuesday, November 9th, 2021 10:17 PM

Closed

Text Spam 1(410)100-xxx or 1(410)200-xxx

I have been receiving spam texts with some frequency from:

1(410)100-xxx or 1(410)200-xxx

Why aren't these being blocked by AT&T ? Are there legitimate texts from this range ( with only 9 digits after the 1 prefix ) ?

Don't bother telling me to 7726 as I have done that 10x but there are 999 numbers available in each xxx above and not reasonable to expect customers to be patient through the whole range.

I have call protect which does not seem to help with this, looking for a solution to make this stop.

Thanks

Vince

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Block the 1-410-100 messages

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Those numbers indicate the texts are coming from email addresses through the email to text gateway. Yes there are many legitimate uses for texts from email. It is not possible to block those 1-410 numbers. When you forward one of those texts to 7726 and report the number, ATT is able to determine the originating email address and block that email. Unfortunately, the scammers and spammers just use a different email address.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

Almost everyone is getting those types of message. The point of origin changes everytime so it's almost impossible to filter them out. And being as most of them come from overseas, U.S. laws don't apply to them so legally forcing them to stop is extremely difficult if not just plain impossible. Most are computer generated so besides the original authoring of the message, there are essentially no humans involved unless you click on a link or call a number.

The only thing you can do is not respond to them and delete them as soon as possible.

• 

221 Messages

2 years ago

Just turned off email-to-text, but to get to the tech support person in AT&T is a trick. Yes, keep "article 446389" card ready.

First, don't go to AT&T Store, they don't know how and have no capabilities to do such thing. The first person did not even attempt to help me -- I had to seek help from second and third person, that were less snobby. (Also, the first person could not even demonstrate how to forward message to 7726.)

Second, call 611. (BTW, the 611 did not work yesterday or this morning). They will teach to forward to 7726, but I was cutting them by saying truth (I forwarded already over 100 message) Stand your ground: goal is find a smart technical person that is willing to help.

P.S. Webchat at att.com is a big HTML joke: the agent on other end said they enabled protection, but in fact they did nothing. (That's why I went to AT&T Store)

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

2 years ago

@async Read and understand the response from @sandblaster .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.