Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
ji1077's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, February 23rd, 2015 1:06 AM

Smart Limits Manage Data Not Working

I have a Mobile Share account and one person on my account has Smart limits on their phone. I setup all the time restrictions, allowed and blocked numbers, etc. I told it not to manage data (it's switched to off). I dont mind them using data. They are still not able to use data besides WIFI. Based on the error message that is loaded when I use a browser is that "Due to Time Restrictions set ont his account, you are not allowed to use data" something like that. Anyway because I have a 24hr Time Restriction, data can't be used. Why? I told it not to manage data so I feel the Time Restriction should only work on phone calls. I feel it should work this way because it works this way for text messages. I told it not to manage text messages and they can send/receive text messages just fine. I have called customer support, many times regarding this and no one can figure it out or I get the speel "Smart Limits is a self service we have no control over it" this is really frustrating....

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello! @ji1077 Thanks for posting your concerns about Smart Limits. Sorry to hear you’ve had issues with it. So we can help get this resolved, Please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

The best date and time to contact you

Hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

If I need the phone in my hand, then there is no purpose. We do not live near each other and they are not technically savay for you to contact them. Each time I have contacted customer service I was at their house visiting...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.