Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
trillianx's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 28th, 2015 4:19 PM

Smart Limits creating fake 410 numbers (sequential w each new message) for blocked number

Have a number that is blocked on Smart Limits (as well as on the iphone through contacts). However, the texts are now coming through to the subject phone as a text that says "blocked message" - with the from name (blocked person) and then the actual message contents on a number that is 4101000## where the ## is going up sequentially with every new message. It's a 9 digit number that is not an actual "contact" since it's a fake number. I tried blocking those by using the 1 plus the 9 digit number, but it's not working, the texts are still coming through. The system seems to be creating a new contact (with new 410 sequential number) for each new blocked text from the blocked number. Has anyone else had this issue? How do you get AT&T to stop creating a new contact and new 410 number for the one blocked number and sending the texts? Why does the system even allow for this? Please help. The harassment is causing a great deal of stress.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

this is an email text. I get them from my subscription to accidents on my route to work from my local news. If this is not a wanted text you can try adding to spam. But that may not work because the numbers do change. You can also try going into settings through your messaging app and manage spam numbers and use "*" for the last three digits as it may reach over 99 throughout the year. You will not get any messages you have subscribed to if you use this method if they usually come from a similar number. I just went through mine and I seem to get them from sigalert. (accident notification from wzzm13.com) and edmodo (one of the apps my daughter uses for school). to show you what I mean send an email to yourtendigitphonenumber@txt.att.net.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.