Get the myAT&T app
takeisha's profile

9 Messages

Thursday, September 7th, 2023 4:18 PM

Secure Family update September 2023

The new overhaul of the Secure Family app took away features rather than just enhancing what is already there. I have a young adult at home who will not install the companion app or the Secure Family app. No teenage or young adult wants to be tracked. The app used to allow the use of towers to give general locations, which was fine with me. I don't need to view account activity, manage data usage or such. But I would like to know where my child is and safe. The general location using towers is no longer an option as the new update requires you to add the app to the young adults phone now. Now the new location button does nothing. 

Even though there is a note on my child's profile on the Device Details Screen stating, "This device does not have the app installed and can only get approximate network location." So the app does state that we are still supposed to be able to use this feature, but it's not working. 

Is this feature removed? Is the feature not working on the new update? When will it be working again? The app is useless to me if the approximate network location using towers cannot be used anymore. I WILL NOT BE INSTALLING THE APP ON MY CHILDS PHONE, SO THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION FOR ME.

Employee

• 

102 Messages

5 months ago

The backend update for Secure Family legacy customers who are iphone users who purchased the service from the App Store has been completed today.  Those impacted iphone customers who do not use a Companion app on family devices should have received an SMS today. 

Here is the SMS sent to those impacted customers: 

“Dear AT&T Secure Family customer, we’ve successfully updated your account to network locate your family devices without a Companion app.  You should now be able to locate family devices.  Open the Secure Family app to confirm.  Need help? Contact our app support team at g01318@att.com.  Thank you, AT&T”

• 

18 Messages

5 months ago

@ws154k any update as to when we have to download the new version of Secure Family by in order to maintain service?

Employee

• 

102 Messages

5 months ago

@knicksmsg 

My sources tell me that a "bulk update" is coming next week that will migrate those who have not updated yet.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.