Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
Get the myAT&T app
Freddyt's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 5, 2015 1:57 PM

Roadside Assistance Customer Service -- THE WORST!!!!

DO NOT under any circumstance waste your money getting the ATT Roadside Assistance Plan. Their Customer service is THE WORST that I have ever experienced!! I called and waited 40 MINUTES, just to talk with someone.  It then took another 15 minutes of being put on and off hold for them to tell me that it was going to be 70 MINUTES before the tow truck was going to show up.  I never received any kind of confirmation number, and fortunately I asked for the towing service phone number.  When I called the towing service to confirm the real time, they told me that they did not receive any work order from ATT for the service! Smiley Mad 

I called back ATT Customer Service, and waited ANOTHER 30 MINUTES just to speak with someone AGAIN.  They then proceeded to tell me that there was NOTHING IN THEIR SYSTEM!! Smiley MadSmiley Mad  I then had to go over all of the same information that I gave to them 2 HOURS AGO!!  They still did not give me any confirmation number.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor, who I asked to give me an email address for a Manager.  She put me on HOLD AGAIN.  I am STILL on hold and my call has been over an hour.  I do not think that they are going to pick up my call.  The tactic of making me wait until I give up and hang up is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYONE CAN RECEIVE.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4年前

And it is still happening. It was 108 degrees today in DFW. My son has now been waiting THREE HOURS on the shoulder of I20 and still no tow truck. THIS IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION. We will be canceling tomorrow. We have used the so-called service three times in the las few years and have waited more than an hour every time. NOT WORTH IT. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3年前

AT&T Roadside Assistance is a horrible, unorganized joke.

Called for tow truck. paid the $30 difference with credit card wile on the phone with AT&T.  They texted me the tow truck service name and number. I called the tow service and he said he'd be there in 90 minutes.

So then AT&T calls me and leaves me a voice mail. I hadn't noticed they called me for several minutes.  When I called them back they said they need another $25 for special equipment the tow service would have to use. I pay that and I wait 90 minutes and no tow truck came. 

I call tow service and he said AT&T cancelled it with a text message and that I would need to get my money back from AT&T.

I call AT&T and after being put on hold trying to figure out what happened she offers to call me another tow and wait another 90 minutes.I said no never mind.  She apologizes and says she will credit me back what they charged me.

I think when they called me to get the $25 and I didn't respond immediately the tow was cancelled.  But then why didn't they realize that when they took my $25.Do they not have something in place to realize my tow was cancelled? Unbelievable!

So 2 days later I call to make sure I am going to get my money back and I have the most unbelievably frustrating experience I've ever had speaking with such a clueless representative.   She tells me I can not get a credit from them I need to get it from the tow service.  I said no you call the tow service. She puts me on hold and calls them and he tells her everything that happened again. She gets back on the line with me and is at a loss how she can help me.She tells me to e-mail my receipt to this reimbursement company.I said there is no receipt!!. You guys cancelled the tow that day!!. 

Finally she gets a supervisor named Al for me.  He says "so I was told you are trying to track down a receipt?"

So here I go with the whole story and he's trying to interrupt me.  Oh you just need a credit not a reimbursement.  I can request the refund for you.  He never went over how much I was charged or any details just said wait about 10 days to see the credit show up on my credit card statement. 

So far I don't see any credit. Can't say I trust them since I was told I would be credited already the day it happened. What kind of software are they using to store their records? 

So I guess I will cancel the roadside assistance I put on my phone and my two adult children's phones as well.  My husband died two months ago and I was trying to keep us safe. It was convenient to just add it to my cell phone bill.  AT&T Roadside Non-Assistance is a farce!

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

3年前

Once again, you get what you pay for. $2.99 a month isn't going to get you AAA service. There are plenty of people who are happy with it, but for those who expect tow service anywhere, at any time, with no additional charges, don't go cheap. Go with a real Roadside Assistance service.

Also, the service provided by Roadside Assistance has nothing to do with AT&T. Roadside Assistance is provided through Signature Motor Club.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

I am the original poster of this topic. It has received hundreds of reads and reviews.
YES, you do get what you pay for. When I subscribed, it was $7.99 a month. Also, it was administered by the Allstate Moter Club. It was not worth even that. That might account for the lower price.
It is a shame that an ostensibly respected corporation would sell such a shoddy product, just to get some additional income. It is a disgrace.
And why would you shame a widow over her late husband’s attempt to provide for his family? That was quite callous.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3年前

I am not clear on why I would pay for a service and then not expect to use the service.  There were no disclaimers to say that you can only use this service in certain geographical areas and you should expect to pay the entire cost of the tow service.    Your comment is funny and by the way, they refunded my whole amount because I filed a BBB complaint.  It had nothing to do with the service, where I was at or what I needed.  They use fraudulent companies that make a living off of getting paid from AT&T, plus charging the customer for the service.  The fee they charge is similar to legitimate tow service providers that actually don't attempt to scam the customers .  I have had great luck with other companies.  This one, is a no. 

• 

3 Messages

2年前

I had a similar experience just yesterday plus they charged me 75 dollars for the tow and another 25 dollars because they needed special Jack's to move my car. I came out of pocket with over 100 dollars going through roadside assistance I called a local tow company today they said they would have only charged me 100 dollars to tow my car up.the road 6.8 miles. Using roadside assistance costed me more than just calling a tow company myself and it took 6 hours and like you I had to make many phone calls was told 3 different t tow companies were dispatched and took 6 hours to finaly get home don't use at&t roadside assistance you get charged 2 times as much as a tow.company in your area will charge you.

• 

1 Message

2年前

I totally concur. I had this for my family and my daughter needed to use it tonight. It is 6.5 hours later and we still have not had the car towed. It is sitting on the side of a major road in Columbus and all we got tonight was platitudes and lies. I am actually going to file a complaint and cancel my membership. This was totally ridiculous and uncalled for. Oh, I forgot the best part... because it took so long to get someone there; they wanted to charge an additional 250. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE DAUGHTERS AND WANT THEM SAFE. 

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I agree 100%! I was told by my rep he would call me back when he found someone. I was given no expected call back time. I called back in 1/2 hour later. I think someone should have called me back to stela’s update me. I’m stranded on the side of the road! Then the tow truck driver eta is 2 hours! But the kicker is I am also asked to pay 56. Out of pocket because the driver was coming 21 miles to tow my car 12! I did not have a credit card on me so I had to get a ride home, get the card and call again. No card no service. I wasn’t expecting an out of pocket cost for 12 miles to begin with! Total scam! I am cancelling my service and going with AAA.

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I can’t wait to cancel! All the headache and aggression... even after paying out of pocket cost. The rep took my funds and never submitted the order. Be smart choose another provider 

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I agree. Do not waste your time and money. My husband called AT &T roadside service and was told that someone would be there in 45 minutes. He called back after an hour and a half passed to inquire on the status. This is when he was told "Oh, no one was available to come out today." When he inquired as to why AT&T had not bothered to call him to let him know this, the response was "We will let your insurance carriers know." What the heck???

• 

1 Message

8分前

I totally agree. Worst customer service both with the roadside service and with att customer service, I was charged an additional 66.00 and not told why. Was supposed to be a flat bed tow and it was not. My husband had to assist the driver on how to tow a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Luckily my husband used to be a wrecker driver. The wrecker was in such bad shape that i had to slow down 

to 35 mph for him to keep up with me. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.