Pre-order the new Google Pixel 7, Google Pixel 7 Pro and new Google Pixel Watch - Online Now!
Get the myAT&T app
Freddyt's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 5, 2015 1:57 PM

Roadside Assistance Customer Service -- THE WORST!!!!

DO NOT under any circumstance waste your money getting the ATT Roadside Assistance Plan. Their Customer service is THE WORST that I have ever experienced!! I called and waited 40 MINUTES, just to talk with someone.  It then took another 15 minutes of being put on and off hold for them to tell me that it was going to be 70 MINUTES before the tow truck was going to show up.  I never received any kind of confirmation number, and fortunately I asked for the towing service phone number.  When I called the towing service to confirm the real time, they told me that they did not receive any work order from ATT for the service! Smiley Mad 

I called back ATT Customer Service, and waited ANOTHER 30 MINUTES just to speak with someone AGAIN.  They then proceeded to tell me that there was NOTHING IN THEIR SYSTEM!! Smiley MadSmiley Mad  I then had to go over all of the same information that I gave to them 2 HOURS AGO!!  They still did not give me any confirmation number.  I asked to speak with a Supervisor, who I asked to give me an email address for a Manager.  She put me on HOLD AGAIN.  I am STILL on hold and my call has been over an hour.  I do not think that they are going to pick up my call.  The tactic of making me wait until I give up and hang up is ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ANYONE CAN RECEIVE.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

Had a transmission issue this morning on the way to work. Car was not going anywhere. Called the roadside assistance for towing, was on hold for about 15 min and talked to a fellow for a good 40 minutes off and on who ended up telling me they cant get a hold of anyone in my area. ( for people who know metro Atlanta, I was on cobb pkwy, mecca for car shops and repairs ) so he was going to let another person try it and they will call me back. After 20 minutes someone else called, same story " I am going to call someone..." another half an hour passed and nothing.....finally got a call from 2nd person stating they cant help me and to for me to call back after 8:30 and basically start all over again..

ended up calling my call dealer who recommended a tow shop which i called and within 10 min, tow truck had my car on its flat bed on the way to shop. Needless to say, had to pay for this out of my own pocket, $50 of which I believe should be reimbursed by AT&T road side assistance to me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

AT&T is the worst, and I am going to tell everyone on twitter, my social media, and my newsletter, which has a ton of subscribers.  My car died today, it needs a new starter.  AT&T service found me a tow eventually, but said it would cost me 34 bucks out of pocket.  This for a tow of less than 2 miles.  I agreed reluctantly.  They ask for my credit card.  Fine.  Then the towing company calls and asks for my card number because the card they were given was declined.  They read me a number I don't recognize.  I give them my actual number.  I get home to find out AT&T has charged me 34 bucks, and the tow company has charged me $84!  I suspect roadside assistance messed up the part they were supposed to pay, and I got charged for it.  $118 bucks for a two mile tow, really nice service you have there AT&T.  I have gotten nowhere with customer service.  They just send me to a website that doesn't have any pertinent information to my issues.  Fine.  I'll spend the rest of my life telling everyone who will listen not to waste their money on this service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

Very upset to see how things have changed with the roadside assistance. It used to be great. Now you have to wait an hour and a half for someone to come from the opposite side of town to just give you a jump. I callled it 520 am and at 630 no one came so I called the number and was told he was held up on a previous call and it will be another 25-30 min. Absolutely ridiculous! People have to go to work and pay bills! I am def going to look into other roadside assistance options. No one even calls you to tell you there has been a delay. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

sigh.  Looks like I’m not the only one.   Absolute worst roadside assistance ever.  I’ve used this service 3 times over a 6 year span.  Today sealed my decision to cancel this service.  Each experience, I’ve had to wait 2+ hours (today was over 3 hours for a jumpstart) to get help.  I received assistance from a passerby for free before the help I pay monthly for arrived.  In each incident, the company used under contract was not contacted by AT&T for dispatch (first time I thought the roadside guy was lying, but after 3 times, I feel it’s on At&t’s End)  Phone Center representatives either need better training to handle calls.  Or maybe this whole system just doesn’t work.  It’s ironic that a service I add to my plan for peace of mind would cause more stress in a stressful situation.   Oh well, at least cancelling this lowers the wireless portion of my bill.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

Very Disappointed - ATT Roadside Assistance

My 72 year old mother was stranded on the side of a country highway at night. It took me an hour on the phone with roadside for them to tell me it would cost me $122 to tow her 25 miles. Mind you, the last time I used roadside  it was 25 miles free. What do I pay roadside for? You could not have told me an hour earlier that you would not pay for it? It took me one phone call to get someone on the way at a much cheaper rate. I basically wasted an hour of time and the safety and emotional well being of an elderly disabled lady. I will be cancelling my roadside assistance and use the 800 # the state of Texas provides. They are quicker and more reliable.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 5 y

I have had the same experience with AT&T Roadside service.  They contract with Allied Dispatch Solutions, by the way.  I used them for the first time after I had locked my keys in my car.  They took 45 minutes, told me they couldn't find anyone in my area and when they found someone - I had to pay the tow fee out of pocket.  I was given an email address to send in the receipt for reimbursement.

It has been 2 months, no reimbursement.  I have been told it will be 10 days, then 30 days, then I was told At&t didn't cover lock outs.  Then, I was told they didn't cover lockouts unless it was over $75.  I was told my claim was denied and I wouldn't get reimbursed.  You can't get ahold of a single person in AT&T management to help.  They kept sending me to Allied Dispatch Solutions, and they are astonishingly rude and inept.  I have been trying for a week to get ahold of AT&T to cancel this crappy roadside assistance.  I am put on hold for an hour on the phone.  I tried the online chat and no one ever helps. 

I also read the fine print and this roadside assistance doesn't cover tow if there is an accident.  What a joke.  I have read numerous stories where people had to pay out of pocket so don't waste your money on this service from AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

I used Roadside Assist several times in the past to jump start my car or unlock the door and was happy with them.  A year or so ago I ran out of gas about two miles from a small town.  The best they could find was someone to bring gas and would charge me $150.  I walked and hitchhiked to town instead as an older woman in dress clothes.  Today I called as my car would not start at my house.  Supposed to provide up to four tows per year for mechanical failure.  It is about ten miles to town.  They contacted a local wrecker and I had to pay an “out of pocket” they charged of $70.  My husband thinks the tow should have been between $50 and $100.  I will ask the wrecker guys when they get here.  I think I would have been better off calling them directly.  I just went online and canceled Roadside Assist that I have had for several years.  Not working out for me any longer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 5 y

A similar thing happened to me the other day.  Car broke down and waited for 2 hours.  Ended up calling Baltimore Tow Truck Service and they were there in 15 mins.  Why even pay every month for roadside assistance when you can get better service from a local company.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 5 y

Funny, I never had any issue with this service. I only used it twice. Those two times I received prompt service. Maybe I got lucky? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 5 y

Wow

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 5 y

I see all these people complaining about how they had to wait or that they had to pay out of pocket expense, does any body know how expensive roadside assistance really is???? Sure you pay 2.99 a month/ 35.88 year but did you read your terms and conditions to the roadside it's a discount rate program not an INSURANCE your maximum benefit amount is 75.00 bucks and you get 4 services per year one of your 30 mile tows would cover that 36 bucks 4x so yeah anything over that 75.00 you would be responsible for. You could be fully covered for one service while having to pay for another it all depends on what the towing company is charging for services an average hook rate for a  tow is 45-85 bucks depending on your area, plus they charge enroute mileage which could be 1.50--3.00 per mile and loaded of 3.00-6.00 and if your vehicle has been in a wreck or has flat tires or wont go into neutral there is another fee providers charge to bring special equipment. As far as the time goes that it takes to set up a tow can average if you call in and actually have all your info they need, then it could take maybe 10-15 mins to take all you info. Finding a provider in another story depending on weather you live in well populated area or bfe (the middle of no where) 40 -50 miles between towns, it can take an average time of 5mins to 2 hrs to find an available provider to come out and most providers already have other calls ahead of you and not to mention that almost all towing companies are also contracted with the police which take priority over any other call they recieve, which may mean if your broke down with a flat, you call might get pushed back compared to an accident, so when they  already have calls ahead of YOU  that's why they give you an eta (ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL) nothing is guaranteed when it comes to an eta thats why its called an eta not a GTA ( GUARANTEED TIME OF ARRIVAL. I think people should educate themselves a little about a service they carry before *** and complaining because they have a problem that is no one else's fault but because they couldnt have a provider out in 5 mins and you had to pay, i guess that gives you the right to be an *** huh???  ummmm, no. your the one broke down and needs help so dont take it out on the service whom is trying to help you people complaining about time and money, you are now on someone elses time and money and if you want help you will pay with your time or money or you will sit there stranded, 

[word filter avoidance]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 5 y

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!   IF you want a rd side where you dont have to pay anything other than your monthly bill, then you better expect to pay more a month for the service than 2.99. I dont understand how you can expect so much out of a 2.99 service. like for real. i see all these bad reviews but yet what i mainly see is people not understanding the service they have and what it covers and what it doesnt, eta's and availability is solely on the local providers that are used for these services..here are some average costs to services across the us, keep in mind they may very from city to city or state to state...

*********************************************************************************************************

tow--average  hook rate--$85.00

average enroute mileage--$3.50 per mile 

average loaded mileage--$ 5.00 per mile 

jump starts---average--$80.00

lockouts ---average--$100.00

tire changes--$100.00 

fuel delivery---100.00+ the cost of fuel 

winch service--these services very due to charging per  hr with a minimum of 1 hr 

hook--$150.00---$250.00 or $75.00-$100.00 for the first 30 mins 

by hr--$75.00 every hr after or $75.00 for every 15 mins after 

distance from paved rd ----charging by the ft --varies tremendously

depending on your situation these average rates can very tremendously

for example:

1. stuck in yard in wet grass or mudd 10 ft from paved rd or driveway 

2.drove car off road into a 10ft ditch, damages done to front of vehicle including wheels 

keep in mind just because you may live in a heavy populated area doesn't mean services are easier to get or eta's should be shorter. for example 

In New York a tow over 5 miles is almost impossible to get because there are so many providers in that city and they are only allowed to tow upto so many miles away from there business addresses.

Same thing goes for Los Angeles, as well.

Also keep in mind there are Restricted Roadways all over the U.S. and you may break down on one of those roads, and if that happens your roadside assistance company may NOT be able to HELP you. for example 

The NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE is a restriced road 

The FLORIDA TURNPIKE is a restriced road 

There's one in New York (possibly i-90), running almost through the whole state which is restricted 

In these situations only police approved providers are able to service these roadways.

There is more to road side assistance than most people think its not as simple as calling in giving half the information and expecting a  40 mile tow for free and have that provider there in 15 mins and it just doesnt always work that way. Plain and Simple. Hands down, if your complaining about your time and money, think about the time and money of these provider's who do these services for a living once again roadside assistance is not cheap you will pay with your time and your money if you want help its very simple, nothing brain racking about this. so instead of coming on here putting companies on blast because you broke down on the side of the road and you had to pay for help and it took a couple hrs to get services done, go educated yourself about these services go read your terms and conditions of what you are paying for each month and do the math of the diffrence you pay and what each of your services cost then come back and see how much you have to complain about ....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 5 y

The amount was less than $75.  They were inept and had terrible customer service.  They refused to refund my money until I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint.  All the sudden, my reimbursement was in the mail with no other problems.  I would not want to count on AT&T Roadside Service.   

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 5 y

I would recommend you educate yourself.  The amount was under $75 that I paid out of pocket and they refused to refund.  I had never used the service despite paying for it over several years.  I paid for AT&T roadside service and then had to pay for the service of getting my keys out of my vehicle.  This is not quite how it works.  Once I filed a BBB complaint; they were quite happy to refund my money.  Horrible service, AT&T contracts with a company that has a terrible reputation and zero customer service skills. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Il y a 5 y

I had a similar issue. Had My Hummer H3 towed from a trusted auto shop to my apartment. My wife was home, I had to work late. I had to pay over $40 extra for the tow, which would of been ok if it got there without issues.

The towing place was supposed to deliver my Hummer within the hour.  I got A call from my wife asking if I am still towing the truck. I called AT&T two separate times for details. The towing company told them it was delivered at my address hours ago, the only problem was it wasn’t in front or near, or within sight of my apartment.  What happened to customer signature. After hearing the same thing from AT&T and the tow company not answering, basically my vehicle was just lost for the night, LOST!

The next day I come to see my vehicle three buildings over, the door was unlocked, the key was in the ignition, and to top it of, my drivers front tire is completely flat! So lets go over the basics.... I paid and extra $41 for towing, I had them tow it to my apartment because it couldn't drive, the truck is stuck three buildings over and I have to have it towed again just to get it in front of MY apartment, the key was left in the ignition with doors unlocked so now I have a dead battery, and the topper was, a flat pretty new tire.

Apparently there is no responsibility or help from AT&T roadside service, and ended with a suggestion towards car insurance companies cover a lot! I called and explained the situation, and they said there is nothing they can do, and have a good night. AT&T did nothing to my vehicle , but they did hire a towing service that answers the phone with, "WUD UP?"  THANK YOU 313 TOWING and AT&T

IMG_3489.JPGIMG_3488.JPGI never had a problem with roadside service with AT&T, the the whole, good luck with that attitude I got from them definitely scares me with this service in the future. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.