ctempp99's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 21, 2015 5:04 PM

Old iPhone 4 that I want to get a new phone number for and add to our plan

I have an old iphone 4 that I want to let my daughter use, with voice and text only, no data. It doesn't have a phone number, as that one was switched over to a new phone. So, can I get a new phone number for that, add her to my account and only give her voice and text? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

55.4K Messages

6 y ago

@ctempp99 wrote:

I have an old iphone 4 that I want to let my daughter use, with voice and text only, no data. It doesn't have a phone number, as that one was switched over to a new phone. So, can I get a new phone number for that, add her to my account and only give her voice and text? 

Yes, yes and no. All smartphones require a data plan. If you are on a mobile share plan, the new phone would just share whatever data you already have. If you are on an old Family Talk plan, you will be required to add a data plan to that line. If you don't add a data plan, ATT will add one automatically once it detects that it is a smartphone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTJulieCS

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 y ago

@ctempp99, even though a data plan is required, you can restrict the data access on that device with our smart limits feature. Visit here for more details!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.