For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
marioboffa's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 10th, 2019 1:43 PM

Office of the president

I am having an issue that I am being advised I will not be able to use my new iPhone Pro (just became an ATT customer in the past 3 weeks) on my trip to Europe this week.  I cannot find in my new customer agreement where this limitation is disclosed.  I am frustrated because now I need to figure out how I will be able to get around and communicate while I am away.

Was this disclosed to me as a new customer?

Can an exception be made to activate the international Day pass?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

New accounts are not allowed to roam for 60 days. Where or if that 60 day requirement is disclosed, I don’t know. The wireless agreement simply states: 

AT&T, in its sole discretion, may block your ability to use your Device while roaming internationally until eligibility criteria are met.

Sorry, I do not know if an exception is possible.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

you can still use your phone its just gonna be expensive. its not required for them to tell you if it will work its up to you to ask. had you told the salesperson you were going out of the country he would have suggested the international day pass. you can activate the day pass any  time you want it isnt free. even with the day pass you arent on at&t networks so there is no guarantee of service

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Constructive Roaming is not allowed on new accounts for 60 days. The OP can’t get the day pass. They are asking if an exception is possible.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster  my bad i read 3 months, guess i need to get coffee before responding to posts

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Correct @sandblaster I am perfectly fine paying for the day pass, but I’m told I can’t activate it. I ordered online and don’t think this was disclosed. If it was, I would have stayed with my old carrier until after my trip! 

what am I going to do tomorrow when I get there and can’t communicate (Uber, maps, text, etc)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Since you are leaving so soon, I’m not sure what options you have to get an exception. There is no way to contact the Office of the President directly, they contact you after filing an FCC or BBB complaint. You don’t have enough time for that. Plus your new phone is likely locked to ATT, so getting a local SIM card is not an option unless you have a different, unlocked phone you can use.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

im sure somewhere you go they have cheap prepaid phones .

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

Activate Wifi calling before you go.  That will allow call and text home.  You will also be able to connect if there is public/hotel Wifi.  
predownload maps with Waze

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Got a hold of office of the president and they got this setup for me. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.